How appropriate to post about how crappy a day can start right after I posted about how nice it was to start the day with Lincoln telling me he loved me.
5:00 a.m. - Lincoln comes bolting out of his room and into our room. (He seems to be doing this almost every morning and it's getting pretty old)
5:15 a.m. - Lincoln comes bolting out of room again and continues to do so about every 2-5 minutes. I think I am going to lose my mind.
6:00 a.m. - Snowblower yahoo neighbor starts up diesel truck in his driveway which happens to be right by Amelia's window.
6:10 a.m. - Lincoln has continued to come out of his room every few minutes even after Satan has come through my body and shows himself in my voice.
6:11 a.m. - Amelia wakes up crying - most likely because she just heard Satan in the next room and also because jackass next door still has his truck running. Oh yeah, and the headlights are on.
6:13 a.m. - After consoling Amelia and getting her back in bed, I try to lay back down for the four hundredth time and then immediately hear Lincoln's door open again.
6:15 a.m. - I'm all out of creative threats but attempt once again to get him to stay in his bed.
6:25 a.m. - I stand at our front door, staring at the truck next door partly hoping that lasers might shoot from them and blow the truck (still idling) up. Neighbor begins to pull out of driveway. I flip the porch lights on hoping that he'll realize that I'm doing it because he has had his diesel truck running for nearly half an hour. I turn them off after just a few seconds. That'll show him.
6:26 a.m. - Lincoln is out of his room again. Amelia is fussing. I give up. They win.
6:45 a.m. - I have gotten milk for both kids and gotten their diaper and pull up off. I lay in my bed wondering why our kids don't sleep well and dreaming of the teenage years when they will complain when we make them get up this early. *Light bulb* Randomly, I may have to do this very same thing to them when they are teenagers - wake them up early, wait for them to get nice and comfy again, and then bust in on them. Muhahahaha!
10:10 a.m. - I am going to Zumba my tired little ornery heart out until I can't Zumba anymore. Hopefully that will help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
TOO FUNNY! Your just going to have to teach Lincoln to get his own milk (already in a cup) and cartoons on in the morning by himself so he doesn't have to bother you. I'm all about teaching them young to be "self sufficient"
Ha ha.
Good luck with the neighbor. I'm sure that porch light and razor eyeball taught him!!
Post a Comment