Thursday, February 17, 2011

Words of wisdom

I may have already posted about this a while ago, but I'm not sure.  I've been doing the blog thing for long enough that I'll likely start repeating myself a lot and posting about the same thing multiples times.  My memory is really getting bad.  Oh well, here it goes.

Like I said in the last post, I had a crappy morning and went to Zumba to release some energy.  Lincoln was at school so I took Amelia to the day care at the gym.  She has only been one other time but it was when Lincoln was with her.  To my surprise, they did awesome so I figured she'd be okay because it was a little familiar now.  I dropped her off and headed to class.  About thirty minutes in, one of the ladies brought her to me and said she was stinky.  I raced out to the car, grabbed a diaper, and took her back in and changed her.  Afterward, though, she was frantic and did not want me to leave her to go back to the class.  I tried to distract her with some toys and eventually one of the volunteer moms helped me out by playing with her.  About ten minutes later, the mom was hauling her into the class again because she had pretty much been crying the whole time.  She said she thought she would have been fine but apparently there were a lot of kids crying and it might have just been too much for her.  So... I gave up and went home a little disappointed but still satisfied that I had gotten a bit of a workout.

We picked up Lincoln from school and did our usual for the rest of the day.  The kids were ornery and tired and so was I.  It was just one of those days.

Thankfully, we had a playdate at 4 with some new friends and that got us out and about.  I was impressed with how the kids did considering the hellacious morning/mid-morning/afternoon we had had.  It was fun to meet some new peeps and the kids had fun playing with new kids.

It was a miracle that the kids didn't fall asleep on our way home so I was able to get food in their bellies, have some wrestle/duck, duck, goose time with them and Derek and then they were off to bed without a peep.

Anyway, my whole point (I tend to wander, can you tell?) is that even though the day was crappy, it got better.  And, I'm holding out for better tomorrow.  I can remember when I was a teenager (this is the part I think I posted about before but who knows?) and I had had a terrible day and found myself crying to my dad about it.  I'm really a whiner.  Anyway, he hugged me and just told me that tomorrow was a new day and that the sun would shine again.  A wise man of few words, he is.

So... once again, I shed my tears today but tomorrow is, in deed, a new day.  I'll cross my fingers for the sunny part.  It is still winter after all.

5 comments:

Mark N. said...

Awww, that is seriously sweet of your dad to do. I can think of a million less-appropriate things a parent may do in that same situation. What a great dad! :)

Presley family said...

This is my frist time to your sweet blog. What a beautiful blog you have. I will share a little secret I have learned..... happiness is what we make it, always has been, always will be. Here's to hoping tomorrow is better. :)

lisamarie said...

Yes, there is always tomorrow. Always. :)

BTW, I commented on your hair post but just now realized must've been logged in as kennedy...so in case you were wonderin who 'dolovesco' is, it was me.

My One and Only Thought said...

Oops, I was also signed in under the wrong account! Mark N. is me, in case you were wondering.

Krystal said...

Trina - I figured your dad had dropped by! :)