Saturday, February 12, 2011

Guess what?...

Me: "Guess what?"

Lincoln: "What?"

Me: "I love you."

Lincoln: "Guess what, I love bof of you." (Teasing me that he doesn't just love me, he loves me and Derek.  And, yes, he says "bof." It's one of those things I want to correct but I love it so much.)


This is a little joke that Lincoln and I have.  He now knows that when I say, "Guess what?" that I'm going to follow it with "I love you" so he always tries to beat me to it but he says "Bof of you."

The other morning, as I laid in bed, I heard his door open and I waited for him to come into my room and stand by my bed like he always does.  Sure enough, he came in and stood on my side of the bed right in front of my face and said, "Guess what?  I love you."  My heart melted.  I can't think of a better way to start my day.  I love him so much.

I know this is one of those things that probably bores everyone, but I really want to record these things so I never, ever forget it. 

P.S. It's times like that that I try to remember when I tell him to "Knock it off!" (because he's doing something naughty, of course) and he replies "You knock it off." 
It's too bad he can't be so sweet all the time.  I guess those times wouldn't seem quite as sweet, though.

Oh, and guess what?
I really appreciate the love I've gotten from some of your for my new haircut.  Much love right back at ya!

No comments: