It was kind of crazy how cool and cloudy it was considering the week before had been pretty hot.
We made the best of it by hanging out and building sandcastles... actually, Larry made them and King Kong (Amelia) would come out of nowhere and try to stomp on it.
I love naps.
When I first saw Colby like this, I thought he was joking.
Sure enough, he was asleep with his chin resting on the bed. I think my neck might literally break, but he seemed pretty cozy!
The next day was SeaWorld day.
We were laughing when we saw these signs on some strollers.
The blue one says: Reserved for sweet baby Lincoln.
The pink one says: Reserved for Drama Queen and Miss Behaving.
Seriously... so fitting for us!
I seriously had a split second thought of waiting for these people to return to their strollers and asking them if they wanted to get together and start some sort of a club.
Amelia lasted about 5 minutes while Lincoln lasted about 10.
We ended up taking the kids out and they both quickly fell asleep for a nap.
This picture is kind of crazy to me because it's funny how so many people are looking in the same direction. I know, I'm weird.
We felt bad that we had separated from everyone, but our kids were stinkers that day and just didn't want to participate by sitting and watching the shows.
Derek and Lincoln got in some sweet pinball playin'.
It seemed like it was only a few minutes after we'd been on the freeway that it sounded like we had run over something. It was dark and we had no clue what it was so we continued on. Not long after that we heard a loud boom and the car started to shake. The flippin' tire had blown and we were over in one of the fast lanes. Autumn was so awesome and managed to get the van over to the side of the rode. The car seriously felt like it was fish-tailing. I don't know how she did it, but it was amazing!
Derek got out of the car and came back with the report that the back passenger-side tire had blown. The only problem was that it was up against the curb on the shoulder of the road and the driver-side tires were on the line. If we would have moved the car out to change it, we would have been in a lane on the freeway.
Of course, I was totally freaking out and imagining all of the horrible things that could happen and all of the stories I had heard about parked cars getting hit on the side of the freeway. There we were with four children, one parent from one family, and both parents from our little family. I kept looking back at the headlights coming towards us and hoped that the drivers were paying attention and not drunk.
We all made calls to different people... thank goodness for cell phones! Autumn called Ryan, Derek called his dad, and I called 911. Derek ended up driving us (on the shoulder) off the freeway. Just as we were about off the freeway, the highway patrol arrived and escorted us the rest of the way until we were to a safe place and could change the tire. It wasn't long after that that Larry, Louise, and everyone else in the other car arrived to help too.


2 comments:
Hahha, "Oh, I'm just freakin' out." He is soooo cute.
How scary though! Sounds like Autumn did an awesome job in keeping her cool.
And it looks like you guys ate at Woodstock Pizza. Yuuuum. I like that place. I kept thinking to myself "Oh what a bummer that it's so cloudy around here while Krystal and her family are visiting." San Diego is definitely best experienced in the sunshine! There's something special about that city on a bright, summer day.
Glad you had fun!
Oh my gosh Krystal... you are cracking me up! I love the part when you said we all started making phone calls, Autumn to Ryan, Derek to his dad and you called 911!!! So funny.
Another fun filled post. It really was a good time!
Post a Comment