Last week Amelia and I went to the pumpkin patch for a school field trip. The weather was fantastic. The sun felt warm, the leaves on the trees are bright with color, and the pumpkin fields were full with beautiful little orange pumpkins. This particular pumpkin patch has tractors that pull you on a trailer out to the pumpkin field where you pick your very own pumpkin right out of the dirt. The trailer was full with moms, dads, kids, grandmas, grandpas, and anyone else that came along with the preschoolers. Lincoln had school and Derek was at work, so on this day it was just me and my girl.
She sat on my lap on the ride out to the fields. A fellow mom and friend was sitting beside me with her preschooler and her two-year-old. As I watched her two year old throw an I-don't-want-to sit-on-your-lap-or-even-sit-still tantrum I took note of Amelia sitting quietly on my lap.
How many posts will I do about me realizing we have come through some rough times? A million. A zillion. I just can't believe it sometimes. I used to get anxiety about excursions like this. Now, here I am, soaking up the sun, cuddling my girl. We still have our moments, but man, our kids are really a lot of fun right now!
Amelia with her pumpkin o' choice.
A lot of people have said lately that she looks like my mini-me.
I'm okay with that.
In fact, I love it.
After picking our pumpkins, we headed over to the slides... even the big slide.
Amelia tackled it with no problem and I sat and watched her have a great time.
I even found myself looking around feeling like I should be doing something.
Of course, I pushed that thought to the side and continued to soak up the sun and watch her have a ball!


No comments:
Post a Comment