Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hercules destroys the house

Today Lincoln's little buddy from across the street came over to play.  It's hit and miss with them and whether they get along.  When it's good, it's really good.  When it's bad, watch out.  It's almost like listening to an old married couple bicker.  It's actually pretty comical.

A few months ago the two of them were drawing dinosaurs with sidewalk chalk.  (Sorry if I've already posted about this.  I can't keep what I've put on facebook and blogged about straight anymore.)  Owen walked over to admire Lincoln's drawing and said something like, "I like the colors you used."  Lincoln then said, "Thanks, I thought that would be nice."  These are two four-year-old boys we are talking about here.  It's really cute to watch the way they interact and talk with one another... when Lincoln isn't getting mad because things aren't going his way.

Anyway, Owen was over today and I was giving them a snack at the island countertop in our kitchen.  I think Lincoln was trying to be funny and impress Owen so he said something like, "I can pick this table up and throw it."  As he said that he grabbed the bottom of the countertop and lifted up as hard as he could.  The damn thing totally came up.  The look on his face was priceless.  He immediately started apologizing.  At first I was shocked and worried that it was totally busted, then I just laughed because I couldn't believe it had actually happened.

Derek and I have teased about how kids can destroy a house.  We've only lived in this house for a little over a year and we've already had chunks taken out of molding, boogers on the walls, paint chipped from the wall, throw-up on the carpet, unidentifiable marks and smudges anywhere and everywhere, and now the countertop has been lifted from the cabinets that it's supposed to be attached to. 

I figure by the time the kids move out, we will have the money that it would take to fix the place up.  At the rate we are going, we should have our work cut out for us.

No comments: