Krystal here. Seems like I start most posts this way now. It's been so long. I almost feel like I'm at confession.... "It's been about two months since my last post." I've never been to confession, but that's what I've gotten from the movies.
I have way too many things I'd love to post about so I'll just have to give snippets of everything. I wish I had recent pictures to share. I'd download the pictures from my camera to the computer but I have about two to three years of pictures that are already bogging this thing down. "I really need to get those pictures on cds..." Yeah, I've said that probably fifty times over the last couple years. Oh well. I picked a few old, fun ones to share anyway. Truth is, it's been so long since I blogged, I can't remember if I've already posted them... and my computer is so slow, I don't want to take the time to check.
Anywho.... lately - as you all know, it's tax season. Most people don't love tax season. I really, really, really don't love it. This year has been a little tougher than most (I think I might say that every year). I think the main reason is that I'm also working now - just a couple days a week at a restaurant (did I already post about that? I'm thinking I did. Maybe it was just a mind post...) In previous years, it didn't seem so bad because when Derek did have any time off, we could all be together. Now we are doing the kid swap with a "Hey, how was your day?" and a kiss on the cheek between our shifts. He usually doesn't work Sunday and, of course, I do. We're only three weeks away from the end, though. We can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel. So close.... and all this not spending any time together junk will soon end. It's actually pretty awesome the rest of the year because he can use the extra time he gets now and come home early on random summer days.
In other news, the school year is wrapping up. The kids love school and are always so excited to go. They'll probably be bored staring at my mug all summer. I'm going to have to step it up to keep them busy... or just throw them outside with a bucket of water and a stick. Lincoln's kindergarten round-up is in a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure I will cry at that... and maybe every morning of the first week of school. Kindergarten.... wow. I just can't believe it.
I'm signed up to run the Ogden half marathon. I get butterflies just thinking about it. I know it will be hard, I know I can do it, but man.... I am nervous!!! At twelve weeks out, I started keeping track of how far I run and how fast. I've been telling myself I need to start my longer weekend runs, but I just kept putting it off... until this last weekend when I ran 6 miles in 60 minutes. The most I've been getting up to was 5 miles and I kept doubting myself and whether I could or would go further. So, I had Derek drive me about 6-7 miles away from the house so I had no choice. I was actually pretty surprised at how I felt and ended up doing. At least I know I can get past my wall of 5 miles. Now I just have to step it up every weekend. I'm hoping that before long 5 miles will seem like nothing!
Well, I guess that's it for now. We are definitely staying busy and looking forward to summer. I absolutely love spring and seeing everything come to life. The blossoms are starting on the trees and it seriously is the most beautiful sight. Bring on the sunshine and warm weather!
Hope you all are doing well... all three of you! ;)
And, oh yeah, guess who's turning 30 in a week??? That's right, baby. The big 3-0. I will accept any gifts and/or money. If you feel like it would be too much to give me anything, though, you can just join me in Vegas in June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
6 miles in 60 minutes! That is SO great!! I am very proud of you. Derek may have already given you this sort of tip, but I've got one for ya. When I go on long bike rides, I try to replace calories at least every hour. My favorite thing to eat is "Clif Shot Bloks" They are a gummy energy chew, and are very tasty. They give me that little extra boost to break through the wall. Another one I like is the "Clif Shot" energy gel. They're not quite as tasty, but they work. Give them a try if you haven't already! They really help.
The big 3-0! I can't believe it! Me and Kevin are seriously gonna try and make it to Vegas. We'll see what his training schedule ends up being like. It'd be so fun! Oh wait, haha...just remembered as I was typing this that I will be QUITE pregnant in June. Not sure how much fun Vegas heat would be. And no yummy drinks. Maybe we will not be meeting you there after all! Well either way, I am sure you will have a blast. <3 you!
Post a Comment