Monday, December 12, 2011

October part 4 - California

I'll just let the pictures tell about our trip to California...well, I'll try.


Amelia's new Ariel dress from Grandpa and Grandma.


What vacations are all about, right?

Mandi in the morning...

Halloween with Phearson, Porter, and Tav.

Amelia, Collin, Porter, Phearson, Lincoln, and Tav.

And they're off...
Love all the tutus.

Made a quick stop in our old neighborhood and visited Jen from across the street.
She was so surprised to see us.  I love surprising people.
When we were leaving and walking to the car, we crossed the street and were by our old house.  Amelia turned to walk up the sidewalk to the front door.  I'm not sure if it's because she remembers the house and thought we were going there or because she thought we were trick-or-treating there, but, whatever the reason, it broke my heart.  We miss being there.

Amelia with Jackson (Jen's son) and Lincoln.

Getting ready for the happiest place on earth.

Burning off some energy while waiting to go....


Disneyland.





Amelia, Me, Mandi, Derek, Mom, Lincoln, and Kelli.

Meeting Mickey.

Grandma, Lincoln, and Amelia.

I always have to snap a picture of Derek when we are there.
He *loves* going somewhere crowded and being there all day.

Love this.

After a long day, a nice quiet ride on the monorail...

...put Amelia to sleep...

...which is good for everyone.

Awake and ready to go for Round 2.


Looking touristy.

Kelli was working in watch repair where we could see her through a window on Main Street, so of course we had to stop by to say hi.

Off to Oceanside for some swimming...


...relaxing...

...eating...

...and trying new things, like lemons...


...some tennis... see the ball flying towards you?

...some strutting...

...tennis...

...and more swimming...



One day Derek let me take a little nap and took the kids down to the Harbor for some ice cream.
I could see them from our balcony on their way back.

After Oceanside, we headed back to my mom's for a bit... where I ran into a childhood friend from up the street.  Jason joined the military and I have not seen him for probably at least ten years.  It was cool to catch up and introduce him to my family.

Off to Autumn and Ryan's for some jumping...

...sliding...


...and skating...

Derek was hesitant to drop in from the top.  Apparently the last time he tried, he was about fifteen and ate it pretty hard.  He teased about having flashbacks.  He stood there for a while trying to work himself up to do it.

Ryan offered encouragement...

Such trust...

And eventually.... he was off!

And didn't fall!  Woo-woo!

Some pizza for our final meal there.
Crazy kids...

Great times.

1 comment:

My One and Only Thought said...

Awww, looks like you had lots of fun. I had forgotten to ask you about this trip, so I'm glad you posted about it! I love Derek's facial expressions in all the pics from Disneyland. Hahaha. They are hilarious.