Wow.
As usual I am waayyyyyyy behind on blogging. I'll try to keep the words short and sweet and let the pictures tell you what we did in October... in roughly 450 posts.
I think (or maybe know) I take too many pictures.
Oh well.
Has anyone seen a commercial recently that shows a mom making holiday rice krispy treats (or something like that) with her kids. Everyone is happy and it looks like they are having a seriously awesome time while making baked goods together.
It is crap.
Reality (at least for our family):
-kids don't like frosting on their fingers
-kids whine about frosting on fingers and wipe hands all over counter
-Rolled out dough maybe got one or two cookies each time around
-flour everywhere
-sprinkles everywhere
-frosting everywhere
-cookies were eaten as quickly as they were being frosted
So much for short and sweet, eh?
Anyway...
Even though it was a mess, the kids had a blast and I want this to be an annual tradition that they love and look forward to.
But, next year I'm thinking I may make the cookies while they are asleep and then just let them decorate them. That's the part they love the most anyway and maybe, just maybe, we can be like that family on the commercial.
Not. :)


1 comment:
Makes for some really fun pictures though!!
Post a Comment