This weekend Derek went to Mesquite to run in a marathon.
Yep, you read that right... a marathon.
He's gradually been running more and more and decided about a month ago (I think) that he wanted to run a full marathon.
I've been so proud of him and his dedication in preparing for this.
I love that he loves to take care of his body.
I love that it makes him happy.
He finished with a time of 3 hours and 56 minutes - about a 9 minute mile.
Not too shabby, some may say.
Pretty dang awesome, I say.
His goal in the marathon - just finish.
Mission completed.
By the way, I really do still have about 450 posts for the month of October still to come.


2 comments:
That is so awesome!!! If I wasn't at work and it wasn't 10:36 my time and 11:36 your time and if Derek didn't have to get up and go to work early in the morning I would text him and tell him so myself!! But since all of those things are true can you please tell him congrats for me. He is a stud!
That's a great time! Congrats to him!
Post a Comment