Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday shout-out... Little mama!

While waiting in line at the craft store yesterday, I saw a young pregnant woman with baby-type fabric in her arms.  I thought, "Oh, cute.  She must be making a baby blanket."
Then, a woman pushed a cart up beside her.  There was a little boy in the cart.
I made the assumption that the boy was the pregnant woman's child and the other lady was her mom.
I stood there and watched them for a minute.
My eyes watered.
I was jealous.
I wished my mom was standing there with me, picking and choosing things that we could make together.

The other day when I got home from work, Derek told me that he had learned that that day would have been my parents 30th anniversary.
It took me by surprise.
It made me sad.
Sometimes I wonder how things would be if they were still together.
The divorced when I was five.  I am almost thirty-damn-years-old and I still wonder.
Sheesh.
I'm sure it will never happen, but that doesn't mean I don't think about it.

Together or apart, I love them both.  A lot.
And, I sure do miss this lady...

...and her spunk...

...and hugging her and resting my head on her shoulder while she hugs me.
There's nothing like it.
It's like I'm a kid again... and I'm the one being taken care of instead of doing the taking care of.
It's comforting.
Man, I miss her.
Did I already say that?

I sure hope that my kids love me as much as I love my mama.

1 comment:

A Rosie Family said...

Tears* I'm sure your sweet mama loves and misses you just as much!