Friday, July 29, 2011

How lucky are these kids?

On Monday we got the chance to ride in my dad's Model A for a parade. (He's part of a group called the "Beehive Model A club" or as I might start calling them, "Old rich guys with a love for old cars."
It's pretty cute to see them get together and talk about their cars while the wives sit and chat under their sun umbrellas.

We got there early and were eager to get the show on the road.

When it was finally time, the kids and I loaded up in the rumble seat and
Derek sat up front with my dad.

Lincoln was so cute.  He sat there, sweating and waving, the entire time.  He looked miserable because he had such a somber look on his face as he waved, but when I repeatedly asked him if he was having fun, he always said yes.  Derek and I passed Amelia back and forth through the back window that comes down and for most of the time she sat on his lap and waved to the crowd.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the couple that was in the car behind us.  They were young and had dressed in what I believe was 1940s era clothing.  She had a blue and white dress on with a red belt, a big blue and white hat, and ruby red lips.  I was in love with them.  I just can't get enough of the style from that era.  Everytime I looked back at them (in the old convertible roadster that they were in) they were both smiling and waving in unison.  They were like something from the movies.

Afterward, we went to a shop that one of the guys in the group owns.  It's tucked away under some trees in Ogden and maybe two miles away from where I grew up... and never knew it existed.  It's a garage of sorts with lots of cars, a juke box, and other random old nick nack things like this little old car.

By then the kids were worn out and getting hungry and her highness wasn't having any more of it.

My dad in front of one of the trucks there.
I have no idea what kind of truck or what year but I bet he could tell ya.

While we were there...

I found something to add to my Christmas list next year.

1 comment:

Captain Red Beard's Wife said...

That is the perfect picture of her highness :)