Hallelujah for tax season being over!
Have I said that before?
Maybe something of that sort.
The day after tax season ended, Derek took the day off and we did what I assume most accountants and their families do on that day - we went to CHUCK E. CHEESE! Whoop!
It was a Tuesday at about 2:00 p.m.
There were probably five other people in the entire place.
Just the way we like it.
The big C. Man caught Lincoln's attention and he wandered over to have a closer look.
I like to imagine that Lincoln started up a conversation with him or at least introduced himself.
The kids were really pretty much in heaven.
And I even got a few smiles out of this guy.
Just look at that enthusiasm!
When all was said and done, we walked out of there with smiles on our faces, our pockets a little lighter, and some big, yummy lollipops.
Adios, tax season!
P.S. How excited are you about summer? I know I am.
Upcoming events for us this summer: 3 night/2 day trip to Vegas for Derek and I (Yippee!), Lincoln's birthday (I swear he asks every day if it is his birthday. It's going to be a great day in our house.), camping, drive-in (Hopefully! Cars 2 style), swimming, running through sprinklers, Lagoon trips, Wendover, July 4th festivities, and I'm sure there are more that are escaping my mind right now. I love summer and I'm so glad it's finally here. Now, if Mother Nature would just make it feel like summer. Enough with the 50 degree weather already! It's almost June for crying out loud!
Happy summer!
P.P.S. This Saturday is the Ogden Marathon and I will be running a small part of it along with Derek. We are running the same leg but I guarantee he will finish in half the time. I'm not worried about that, though. I'll just be happy to make it through my miles and say I participated. I wish I had trained harder for it but I am realizing I just don't really love running. I'd rather Zumba! Who knows, though... maybe I will love it and do the half marathon next year. I won't hold my breath but I know miracles can happen!


2 comments:
You'll be addicted to running in no time. Have a great time!
Im so glad that you survived tax season and you are now getting to do some fun things together!!
Kudos to you for the marathon by the way! Can't wait to hear about it. Good luck!
Post a Comment