Guess who wore underwear instead of a pull-up to bed last night?
Guess who woke up on his own at 5 a.m. to go pee in the toilet?
Guess who slept until 8:30 when he usually only sleeps until 7:00 at the latest?
Guess who woke up at 8:30 with dry underwear and dry sheets?
That's right, this little dude did!!!
After a few failed attempts, we were starting to wonder if little dude was going to be wearing pull-ups to bed until he was 16. I started to feel a little bad because he would get so sad and frustrated when he would pee the bed but I think he wasn't even waking up until he had already done it. I got a little lazy and discouraged and just continued to put pull-ups on him. Then we started noticing that the pull-ups were dry when he woke up. He decided on his own he wanted to wear underwear last night. Even though I woke him up to go when I went to bed, I still anticipated a late night sheet changing session. Nope. I guess it's true... when kids are ready to do something, they will do it.
Guess who's a pretty proud mama today?


2 comments:
I totally know the feeling. We are still struggling with Phearson with this. He might be the one to have to wear pull ups until he is 16...:(
That is so awesome!! Congrats for Lincoln and congrats for mom!
Yeah!!! Congrats Lincoln!! I thought Cody was gonna wet the bed forever too but it just happens when they are ready. Funny how that happens!
Post a Comment