A couple of weeks ago, some of my family got together for a birthday party. I was the first to arrive (put that one in the record books) and when I did, my dad started telling me about a candy cannon that he had made. I hadn't seen it yet and imagined that it would look similar to a real cannon. So, when the time came and he busted out this bad boy....
I laughed.
He's awesome. Oh, the things that guy comes up with.
I don't think any of the kids really knew what was going to be coming out of this tube that my dad was holding so it was fun to see all of them get so excited when they realized it was candy. Since the tube was connected to an air compressor, he would just turn a knob and the pressure would send the candy flying (pretty dang high) up into the air and then falling back all over the yard.
Once the kids knew that candy was involved,
they would wait with such anticipation as the adults re-filled the pipe.
And then he would hesitate for a minute before shooting it out again...
just for kicks.
Not sure Amelia totally dug it, yet.
She was super flinchy and it made me laugh.
She loved the candy, though, so I guess she decided it was worth it.
Mad dash for the candy.
Lincoln's already put in a request for the candy cannon to be at his birthday party this summer. I'm thinkin' I kind of like this idea. Pinata's are fun but then we have to worry about one of the kids getting whacked in the head or one of the men getting whacked in the you-know-what! (You've seen the America's Funniest Videos. You know how that goes.)


1 comment:
That's every child's dream come true! Cody would love something like that!
Post a Comment