Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday shout-out!!

Like I said in the previous post, I want to start doing shout-outs to people and other random things in life that I love and appreciate.  Today is as good a day as any to start.  The order is not necessarily in order of importance.  There's really no order at all. 
Sooooo.... today's shout-out goes to my sister/step sisters (there's really no step)/sister-in-law (there's really no in-law).

Mindi, Jill, Kim and Wendy - You guys are the best!

I'll probably eventually do shout-outs to each of them individually (because they all rock in their own way), but, today I just want to say how grateful I am for them as a group.  When we decided that we weren't going to have anymore children, I thought about how Amelia will never have a sister(s) like I did.  That made me sad.  There's something about a bond between girls and I've been pretty dang lucky to have so many in my life (and there are plenty more from different sides of the family).  I won't pretend that there haven't been times that we've been ready to claw eachother's eyes out, but, eventually we get over it, move on, and still love one another.  As different as we all may be, it's nice to know I've got peeps that have got my back.  And, I think it's pretty cool that we've come through the blending of two families and actually like hanging out together on our own time even when mom and dad aren't around.

When we were living in California I had someone ask if I had a lot of close friends in Utah that I had moved away from.  I thought about it for a minute and realized that I didn't.  I have good friends but those that I consider my "close friends" are actually my siblings.  I can be as dorky as I really am around them and they don't boot me out of the family.  I'm so thankful for them.  They really do rock!

4 comments:

Mark N. said...

Awww, I LOVE all those faces! You are very very lucky to have so many sisters! And such awesome one's too!

My One and Only Thought said...

Oh man, I'm sorry. Haha. I keep posting under my dad's name. It just comes out sounding wrong when it says it's posted by "Mark N."

Captain Red Beard's Wife said...

We love you Krystal!! You seriously are the best!!

A Rosie Family said...

Very sweet. Always good to have a great group of gals in your life!