A few weeks ago we got a pretty good storm that left us with snow that was perfect for building a
snowman. So... we geared up and headed out!
And even made snowball chairs for the kids to sit in.
They seemed to think that was pretty cool.
The kids and Frosty.
"It's five o'clock somewhere."
When we moved back, I didn't know how I was going to feel about living in the cold weather again. While I'll be the first to admit that it's not my favorite, I'm actually surprised at how much it hasn't bothered me. I think it's a lot easier to deal with now that I'm not hiking around Weber State in it and I don't have a tiny baby to worry about freezing if we go outside. Now, I just bundle the kids up and we head outside. And, they absolutely love it! I'm really looking forward to our first sledding trip, whenever that may be.
Just a few days ago, I surprised myself when we were driving back from California. I was sitting in the passenger seat and looking out the window at the snow covered mountains and thought, "Man, that's pretty! I'm kind of glad to be back. Holy cow... did I just think that!?!"
I'm relieved that I haven't been filled with dread every time I look out the window to see the snow. I told myself that I was going to make the best of it and I really think that's helped. I'm trying to be optimistic about the cold weather and take advantage of it rather than impatiently waiting for warmer weather. ALTHOUGH... I am not going to deny that I will be the happiest girl alive when I walk outside with barefeet for the first time this year and feel warm pavement beneath them. Until then, I'm making the best of it and actually enjoying it. Surprise, surprise!
Happy winter!


2 comments:
Ahhh. I'm glad you made it back safely. I was worried about that traveling. I'm freezing as I write this...I don't even know what cold is!
I'm glad that you are "enjoying" the snow afterall. I'm sure it is a whole lot easier with the kids being bigger. Besides... it really is beautiful:)
Post a Comment