Larry and Louise were going to spend Christmas in California this year, so we celebrated with them a few days before. Louise made a delicious dinner and we even ate by candlelight. It was perfect!
The kids with Grandpa and Grandma Bell ("The Molly ones" as Lincoln calls them because they have a dog named Molly.)
Lincoln with Uncle Colby and Aunt Emily.
The big day... or morning. Our kids don't usually sleep in so wouldn't you know it that they decided to do just that on Christmas morning. We ended up waking them at 7:45 because we were supposed to leave for my grandpa's by 8:30. I don't think they minded being woken up one bit, though.
I was so proud of my gifts to Derek. He keeps track of our money so since I ordered online, I had to be extra sneaky. I got him a University of Texas sweatshirt and long sleeve shirt. He is a difficult person to buy for so I was so excited about my awesome gifts to him...
Until I started opening ALL of my gifts from him and the kids. Once again, he smoked me with his gift giving skills. Oh well. I know it's not a competition but I felt a little bad that he had gotten me way more than I had him. I guess things could be worse!
Amelia with her new Chuggington case.
This girl loves her trains.
Lincoln with his new Thomas track.
(Story to come of how Santa had to work his *ahem* or her magic to get it!)
My awesome Grandpa and his girlfriend Betty on Christmas morning.
His house was swarming with people, presents, and wrapping paper.
It was a lot of fun.
After taking the kids home for a little nap (that didn't happen, by the way) we headed over to my dad's house to open gifts with them and my siblings. We all skyped with Wendy, who is in Virginia, so we could wish her a Merry Christmas.
Dad and Jeri or Grandpa and Grandma Thompson or "The Kate/Jane ones" as Lincoln calls them.
Just like with Derek's gifts, I was super excited about the one we got for my dad. He has everything he wants or needs and if he finds himself needing something, he generally just goes and gets it. That makes him a hard person to buy for. So... I thought it'd be fun to get him a coffee mug with a picture on it - and not just any old picture. This one had a goofy picture of me on it with two peace signs and a silly smile. Oh, and it wasn't just one picture, it was a collage of the same picture.
It was awesome.
He got a good laugh out of it.
Santa's elves (Lincoln and Jane? coloring)
Amelia, the naked elf.
Are you seeing a pattern here with lack of clothes?
This girl will not keep her clothes on... ever.
I really, really, really hope it is just a phase. :)
It wasn't long after Christmas before we were off for a quick trip to California to celebrate Christmas with our families down there. More on that to come!
Whew! Now onto getting through the next year so we can do that all over again!


2 comments:
Whew... I'm exausted just reading about it. Glad it was a fun/busy/enjoyable/you-name-it kinda Christmas!
P.S. Why am I just now reading about you hair post and WHY did we not discuss this while you were here. I think the cut is very cute!
P.P.S. It was fun seeing you guys. Sorry it was a bit stressful. One of these days my little bully Tav won't be such a brat and all the kids will get along so pleasantly so us adults can just visit, play games and enjoy some peace and quiet... right. (In my dream world anyways)
P.P.S.S. Glad you made it home safe!!!
Awww, looks like a fun-filled holiday! Lincoln and Amelia's matching PJ's are so adorable. And your dad looks like he got a kick out of the gift you gave him. Haha.
Post a Comment