Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 1 - Favorite song

I saw this "30 Days of Blogging" on cousin Lisa's blog and thought it was fun to read and seemed like it would be fun to do, too. So, I figured I'd give it a whirl!

Even though Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have been around for as long as I can remember, this song is new to me. I'm a sucker for songs that make me want to drift to a different world where I imagine myself dancing in a field side by side with Derek and the kids, wind blowing around us, sun shining warm on our skin, and the sweet smell of flowers in the air. Cheesy, but true.

It seems that I can be in the worst mood and then hear this song and I immediately begin to calm down and feel better.

I really love it. It's a shame that Derek and I don't share the same opinion on this one. He'd probably be laughing in that field because this just isn't his type o' music. I like to think that he'd play along in my imaginary world because he loves me that much.

Oh well, a girl can dream, right?

P.S. Pay no attention to the random people in the video. I'm new to uploading videos from YouTube and I think it was made by the guy in honor of his daughter's birthday. Oh well, at least you can hear the song!

4 comments:

My One and Only Thought said...

Awww, that is not cheesy at all! It's something that I have imagined before too. Hopefully it's something that a lot of people have imagined, because it's pretty much the best thing in the world to imagine!
I'm so glad you have the love in your life that leads to that kind of daydream. :)

A Rosie Family said...

Dang... I wish I could hear the song. (The sound doesnt work on our computer)
You will have to bust it out one time in the car for me:)

Anonymous said...

Love that one too!

lisamarie said...

YAY!!!!!!! I'm so happy you're doing this!

Great song - and great daydream. If Tosh knew any of mine he'd probably laugh uncontrollably.