Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Have a magical day!

This morning the kids and I were up, dressed, fed, and out the door by 8:15. *whew* I think since we don't have to be anywhere most days, it definitely takes preparation to accomplish such a task. With a large McDonald's diet coke in hand, we were on our way to the happiest place on earth to meet this cute friend and her adorable daughter. (Renee and Taylor)
Renee even had another friend, Tanya, come along with her own kids too. I have to admit that it is sometimes a challenge to corral both kids in such a crowded place, but it is soooo nice to get out and go somewhere that we all have a great time... even if I'm sweating from every pore and not one single hair on my head is in it's original place by the time I get back to the car! It seemed insanely humid today and I was glad we got there early before it got too hot.

Anyway, Renee is such a seriously nice person. Well, not in a serious kind of way. She's just super duper nice. When I first met her, I remember thinking that I was surprised she had grown up in California because she seemed so down to earth and nice. No offense to any of you other California friends!

I really hope I'll be able to do more with her now that she's staying home with cute lil' Taylor.

We haven't gotten a pass for Lincoln yet since the cut off for getting in for free is 3. We still have a couple weeks left and I'm going to use every single day that I possibly can, baby! Even though he technically isn't 3 yet, I still get nervous when I go through the gates. I envision them calling security and asking me to step over and into some room to interrogate me. No, not really. But you never know. Disneyland doesn't mess around.

Anyway, as we went from Disneyland to California Adventure, I handed my pass to the 12 year old kid that was taking them. Of course I noticed him look down into my stroller at Lincoln and then lean over and whisper to the lady that was working beside him. She then looked down at Lincoln, shrugged her shoulders, and puckered up her lips with attitude sort of saying, "I don't know, he looks 3 to me!" Well, at least that's what I imagine she meant. I obviously knew what they were doing and with a little attitude myself said, "He will be three in a couple of weeks. His birthday is June 23. I promise." Not that my promise means much to them, but nevertheless they let us through.

This situation got us three girls talking about the "3 and under free" rule. I wonder why it's just based on honesty. What about the people that have big kids? You know, the ones that are 2 but look 5. Or the ones that are 4 but look 2? I'd much rather have some sort of card or something issued by Disneyland so I don't have to get attitude from their employees. Or... I guess I could just not let it bother me. That's difficult for me, though. Being accused or having someone imply that I'm doing something wrong when I'm actually not is one of my biggest frustrations. If I'm really breaking the rules, then bring it on... I deserve it. BUT, if I'm not, leave me alone!

Anyway, aside from that slight rise in my blood pressure, we had a fabulous time! It's so nice to go for a couple of hours and then head on home. I'm already noticing that it's getting easier to take the kids since they are getting bigger. I'm really looking forward to doing lots of fun things this summer. I seriously love summer and am so glad it's here!

1 comment:

A Rosie Family said...

I hear ya. I always got soooo nervous when they were around that age that I would get accused of "sneaking" them in. I would always make Ryan push the stroller through (and he did get asked one time) but of course he would just keep walking like he didn't hear them. Nerve racking.
Just a couple hundred dollars (for a pass) to put a mamma's nerves at ease is sometimes worth it.