I started looking through old pictures today and of course that got me thinking. Thinking of just a few years ago when this little guy was brand new.
But it's true.
He was an amazing baby. He was new. He was adorable. He was ours. And he was our world.
Melts my heart.
Life seemed so hard at the time - bottles, diapers, blankets, naps, late night feedings.
But I still loved every second of it. And looking back now, I see that life really wasn't so hard. (That tricky ol' hindsight!)
It was definitely new and a little stressful, but not really hard.
I'm so grateful that I was able to stay home with him and enjoy every second because I know I will never have that back.
And although I totally agree with the phrase, "You don't know what you've got til it's gone,"
I feel that I really did know what I had and that made it that much easier for me to appreciate every second. But, even though I appreciated it, part of me still longs for a little taste of it again.
I suppose that's probably normal with anything that you love that much.


I love that once he started smiling,
he didn't really stop.

My favorite item of baby clothing was these flip flop sandals.
Man.... I miss those days.
It's been good for me to see these pictures and remember them, especially when all I feel like I say is "Lincoln, leave Amelia alone. Lincoln, please don't do that. Lincoln, please be nice."
I know this period in his life will be a rough one for all of us,
but from now on when I feel like steam might be shooting from my ears and lazers are coming from my eyes and my voice sounds like satan himself, I will try to remember my perfect little baby boy and remind myself of just how much I adore him.
But I still loved every second of it. And looking back now, I see that life really wasn't so hard. (That tricky ol' hindsight!)
It was definitely new and a little stressful, but not really hard.
I'm so grateful that I was able to stay home with him and enjoy every second because I know I will never have that back.
And although I totally agree with the phrase, "You don't know what you've got til it's gone,"
I feel that I really did know what I had and that made it that much easier for me to appreciate every second. But, even though I appreciated it, part of me still longs for a little taste of it again.
I suppose that's probably normal with anything that you love that much.
I love that once he started smiling,
he didn't really stop.
It's been good for me to see these pictures and remember them, especially when all I feel like I say is "Lincoln, leave Amelia alone. Lincoln, please don't do that. Lincoln, please be nice."
I know this period in his life will be a rough one for all of us,
but from now on when I feel like steam might be shooting from my ears and lazers are coming from my eyes and my voice sounds like satan himself, I will try to remember my perfect little baby boy and remind myself of just how much I adore him.


5 comments:
Doesn't it seem so long ago...
Oh my gosh! I can't even believe that is Lincoln, he's so tiny! And he's grown up so much!
When he's 30, I'm sure he'll be looking at this blog post and pictures, and he'll also be grateful you were able to stay home and enjoy every second of it too. He's a lucky little guy!
Love the pictures of him since I didn't really get to see him as a baby. Love little Lincoln though, he's such a cute-t! Life really was a bit more simple than when we are going through it and sometimes it's hard to enjoy it while it's happening. But it's nice when they start to get older too and can do more for themselves. Fun times ahead!
Oh that seem's like yesterday it almost makes me sad:(... Yeah I think we all have to take a min and appreciate our little ones. There so awesome, but sometime well lol most of the time you want to spank them ha ha ha
I love looking back at old pictures. Really makes you grateful for those times, and for THEM. (Especially in thier "naughty" times.)
Post a Comment