I'm happy to announce that our house has sold. Yahoo!
We have to be out of our house in two weeks from tomorrow. Yikes!
I've been meaning to post pictures from my recent trip to California, but I've been busy trying to pack things that we won't need in the next couple of weeks. When I haven't been packing, I've been trying to find a place to rent until we can figure out what our next move is. And, when I haven't been packing or searching for a home, I've been crying because, well, that's my way of dealing. It may not sound positive, or productive for that matter, but it has actually helped a little.
I've been swinging from one emotion to another very quickly and can't decide whether I'm more happy or sad about moving. On one hand, I'm so sad to leave this house. It is our first home, where we brought our children home from the hospital, and where we have made so many memories. On the other hand, I'm so excited to get out and try something different, to make memories in new places, and at least be able to tell ourselves that we gave it a shot!
So... here's to that next chapter in our lives - either 'What the hell were we thinking?' or 'Livin' the adventure!' Let's hope it's the latter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
congrats on selling the house. I hope the move goes well and good luck finding a place to rent. I can understand the emotional ties one can get after living in a home for awhile and starting to raise your family there. I am sure the future will be an exciting adventure.
Awww. I understand how you feel. We've moved a few times - sure it was just apartments, and we didn't have kids...but I know how you feel. It makes me emotional every time!
Ugh, I remember one time...I moved the last of our stuff out of our apartment on my own after having just said goodbye to Kevin because he was leaving on deployment. I cried my little eyes out. Haha. Moving is a stressful thing.
Call me anytime if you need to vent :D
<3
Are you looking for a house or appt to rent? I've seen a few for rent signs in my neighborhood...
Good for you! You have freedom to do it all now before your kids start school- so be young and carefree....well at least as carefree as you can be while being a responsible mother with small children :-)
New houses and cities will have their own special memories and change is always fun (besides that horrifying moving part!).
Have fun!
Congrats! Believe me, I don't think there's anything better than finding the place you most want to be. I think you can find happiness wherever you are, but there is something special about making the extra to effort to plant yourself in "that" place. If that made any sense at all....
Anyway, so excited for you! I can't wait to see what happens next!
That is awesome for you guys, and shitty for the rest of us... lol I cry too so no worries it helps. Good luck on your new adventure it will be fun and you'll make new memories in sunny california!!!
Just remember that Utah is better than California...are my Jedi mind tricks working? Seriously though, it will all work out after the chaos is done.
Post a Comment