I figured I'd post a few pictures from the fourth of July since it's almost August. What can I say, it's been a busy month. We started that day off with the parade in Layton. My dad is part of a Model A club - a bunch of cool old guys that like to drive their cool old cars around. We figured it would be fun to go see that particular parade because he was going to be in it. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him, but I got a few of all of us waiting for it to start. I was a little worried about a) my kids getting bored and having a melt down before it even began, and b) it being so hot outside that I myself might start having a melt down. Fortunately, both kids did awesome and were so fascinated with everything going on and the weather was awesome. It was warm but cloudy which meant that we weren't melting to the pavement. We left the parade thinking that things had gone a little too smooth!
Derek even dressed for the occassion. It was a miracle!

Lincoln decided that picture time with Grandpa and Grandma was a good time to clean out his nose.

Later that day we had a barbeque at our house.
There were games to be played...

And new friends to be made...
(Amelia and Kennedy)

We ended up going to fireworks close to home and couldn't have been more pleased. We were able to go over later in the evening just in time to catch a spot and watch people sky diving and then parachuting right over our heads and into the park that we were at. I have to admit that in that moment I was pumped up enough that I might have jumped out of the plane myself. It was pretty exciting!
Laura, Larry and Louise

Tamie and Eric

Isabel, Lisa, and Kennedy

Wait, we're missing one! I just liked this one because of how Lincoln is draped on Derek.

Overall, it was a fantastic fourth! The parade was awesome, the barbeque was delicious, the games were fun, the company was great, and the fireworks were beautiful.
Couldn't have been better!
3 comments:
Looks like so much fun. Oh yeah...it totally was! Thanks again for spending our favorite holiday with us. :) btw - send me an email about your house details! I saw your FB status....
I'm glad I am not the only one that posts late! Hey- thanks again for coming this weekend! Can you send me the pics you took since I don't have any? Especially the one of Alan's haircut...
What a fun day! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment