Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thank you Mom and Dad!

Twenty seven years ago these two fine folks began their journey of parenthood with the most perfect child they had ever seen. It started on a very snowy night. The contractions started coming faster and stronger. The snow started falling harder. The old pick up truck slowly made its way to the hospital where, in just a few short hours, a beautiful little girl was born. They held her and loved her with every ounce of their beings. Soon that little baby grew into a little girl with blonde pig tails and a giant smile. And, in the blink of an eye, she was a teenager. That beautiful baby went from smiles and giggles to a whole lot of attitude. But, just as quick as the attitude came, it was gone. She grew into a woman. She went on to become a parent herself and appreciate just what they had done for her. All of the sleepless nights, worry, frustration, and also all of the joy and happiness was now felt by that little baby girl as she tried to be as great of a parent as the ones that had raised her.
Thanks for everything mom and dad! I love you!

7 comments:

Grandma Tamie said...

Oh my, did this catch me by surprise. I cried before I read what you had written, then after reading it the tears really started to flow. That was quite a night and one I will never forget. I miss your little pigtails but you still have that huge smile. I still see that little girl when I look at you,(especially when your sleeping) you really have not changed at all. You have blessed us in so many ways and its with a huge amount of pride that I watch you with Lincoln and Amelia and know how very lucky those two little babies are to have such a wonderful Mommy. Krystal, I'm so very proud of the woman you've become and the great Mother and Wife that you are. May you, Derek, Lincoln, and Amelia be blessed always. I love you bunches,
Love, Your Mommy
P.S. Can't wait till I get that call - Mom, Lincoln just got his license! A whole new chapter will begin.

lisamarie said...

Happy Day Krystal!!!! You are a beautiful woman indeed.

Marie said...

aww what a sweet post:) Im so glad that I blog stalked you, you really are a sweet lady!!

A Rosie Family said...

Happy Birthday sista!!
And thank YOU for being such an awesome girl, friend, sis-in-law and mom! What would life be without that big beautiful smile of yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me cry.....I just did my makeup!

Rendi said...

I missed your birthday last week- last year was fun in person! Happy late birthday- we love you!

Titel Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope it was a good one! We are happy that you are part of our family too and that Derek has such an awesome wife and mommy for your kids!