
Thursday night I had my turn to host the bunko party. I was a little nervous about everything but I think that it ended up going pretty well. We had a potato bar for dinner and rootbeer floats for dessert. I was worried about not doing something more fancy, but eh... it was food! :) Let's hear it for making life as simple as possible for this 8 month pregnant girl! Now I can relax for about another year and just enjoy all of the parties that everyone else hosts. So far I really enjoy being a part of this bunko group. I think we're still working on getting 12 permanent girls but I am getting to know some of them more and more each month. I think that all of us are mommies so I know we at least have that in common. I'm not sure what it is about getting together with other girls, but it's amazing what it does for me when I don't have to worry about changing diapers, feeding, toys, tears, etc. for a couple of hours. I love it! And I guess it's a bonus for me that we are playing a game. I must admit, though, that I'm always happy to get back to my boys. But, I definitely appreciate the time while I have it. Hooray for Bunko!
P.S. Thanks Mindi for all your help!
6 comments:
Hooray for girl time!
How fun...I've always wanted to try that game!
I knew you could pull it off! Looks like everyone was having a good time. Next year will be a breeze for you. Yes, girl time is always great!
I thought you did a great job! Food was delicious and friends and prizes were fabulous!! I Love Bunko and look forward to it every month. I think we have an awesome group.
I love Bunco and I wish I could be a permanent member- I just don't think anyone would drive to my house! I used to have monthly couple game nights when we lived in Illinois and I was always known as the major entertainer. We even did how to host a murder a few times and they were so much fun! You know me though- anytime you can game, life is good!
I think your food and prizes were great. Caleb liked the sign I got, did you know it was a beatles song? well I have been trying to get some pictures up on the wall with his help but he never seems to have time. This sign made it on the wall the next day.
Post a Comment