Monday, May 12, 2008

After I made my most recent post I was skimming through all of the blogs that I normally check out and came across a posting about blog safety. Recently I have considered going private because I keep having weird names pop up in my comment box. Where these people should have commented there is instead a link to something else but I don't know exactly what it is. I have not opened anything for fear of them destroying my computer or doing whatever it is that they do. Does this happen to any of you? I would really hate to go private so instead I am going to try and follow the tips that I received. One of the tips was to not have your last name in your title... which I do. I have sat and pondered and tried to come up with a creative and fun new name and the only thing I can think of is Three Little Chihuahuas. Right after I had Lincoln, who was born under 6 lbs., everyone in the delivery room was discussing how small he was and how this could have happened considering I had him only 4 days early. My sister-in-law Mindi said "Well, you don't get a Great Dane from two Chihuahuas." We still get a kick out of it because... well, it's true. So for now I will change our blog title name to Three Little Chihuahuas. However, if anyone has any ideas, I'm open for suggestions!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is pretty common to get "spam" comments that have some random text and a link or two to a site. People usually do this to try and get traffic to their sites or to be malicious. If you go to the settings for your blog on blogger.com and then go to the Comments tab you can make it more difficult for random people to comment on your blog. It looks like you already require users that comment to have a Google Account, but if you don’t already, it may help to turn on comment moderation and word verification.

Marie said...

So after i read your post i changed some things on my blog nice thought!! Thanks i didnt even think about that. Thanks for the idea. So have you bought any pink stuff yet???? I sure hope so!!!

Caleb and Shae said...

Mine was trying to get me to download something. I posted in the next commment not to open the link. It's good to know about the last name thing. I went in a changed ours too. That sounds like a smart thing. Thanks for sharing Krystal!

Titel Family said...

Hey I got one comment like that a couple of posts ago and then I switched to having a word verification and haven't received one since. Yeah, it's pretty sad that people always try to ruin things for others!

A Rosie Family said...

That stinks that you keep getting that stuff! It's really sad that people have nothing better to do than to ruin others fun. Love the new name by the way!