On another note, I have been wanting a patio set pretty badly. We have a perfect patio for it and I figured it would be a lot of fun to have dinner outside this summer. Lincoln will be walking soon and I know we'll be spending a lot more time outside. The only problem was that they are pretty expensive. Derek told me that he considers it a "once in a lifetime purchase." So, I used all of the money that I got for my birthday and went out to do a little shopping. I ended up going with one that was a little more expensive but I'm hoping that it will last us a while. I'm not sure about our entire lifetime, but hopefully a while. The weather has been beautiful lately so we took advantage and set it up this past weekend. I totally love it and can't wait for the many times we will have dinner on it and hopefully get some games in. A big thanks to everyone who helped me to get it!
Lincoln enjoying playing outside while we set the patio set up.
Me and my new patio set! The chairs swivel and rock. So cozy!

We also took advantage of the great weather and went to the park. I forgot to put in a picture of Lincoln in the swing so I'll add it to the top of my blog. He seemed to really enjoy it and would giggle every now and then as if the motion was tickling his tummy.
Dad took him down the slide and he felt it deserved an applause.

We also took advantage of the great weather and went to the park. I forgot to put in a picture of Lincoln in the swing so I'll add it to the top of my blog. He seemed to really enjoy it and would giggle every now and then as if the motion was tickling his tummy.
Dad took him down the slide and he felt it deserved an applause.
And last but not least, it's finally April 15! I get my husband back. Yahoo! I don't think I realized what I was in for last year during tax season. Derek was still in school so his work only required him to work 40 hours a week. This year, however, he was not in school so he had to work that mandatory hours that everyone else did. The hours got progressively higher as tax season progressed. For the last little while he has been required to work 60 but there is so much to do that he works more. Last week he said he got in over 70. Needless to say, we haven't seen him a whole lot. I know I shouldn't complain and things could be much worse, but I'm pretty excited to have him home more. In the midst of this busy time I was talking to him on the phone and he said "I need a vacation." I told him I had to check my schedule and see if I could get some time off from work, but I figured we could work something out. So... California here we come! Autumn is due to have her baby any day now so we figured it would be a great time for a visit. We're both pretty excited and just crossing our fingers that Lincoln does alright.


7 comments:
Sounds like fun! I hope your vacation works out for you. I think we need a vacation too, maybe I'll have to hit up Tom for a little rest and relaxation!
I didn't even know you guys were coming to Ca! When will you be here? So excieted to see you guys and that cute little Lincoln again!!
Let us know when you will be in Ca. I know how it feels to not have your husband around. I feel for ya! But at least that is over until next year!! The patio furniture looks nice.
Lucky girl I would love a new patio set! Just wanted you to know that my blog is now working! yeah! How ya feeling these days? Do ya know what it is yet?
Hahaha. That part about you checking your schedule to see if you could take a vacation....you're so funny.
Wow! I didn't realize Derek was working that much. I'm glad the tax season is almost over.
I'm glad ya got your patio set too. I think it was the cutest of all we looked at. We'll have to get together sometime before it gets too hot, and play games and eat on it!
Talk to ya soon,
<3
I love hosting parties- I would be happy to help you with it if you need any! Outdoor parties are nice also- if the weather permits. Love the patio set! Can I come on vacation with you???
Hi Sweetie, love the new patio set. I'm glad to see Lincoln's hat fitting him now. He's soooo cute! Can't wait to see you guys. Love ya
Post a Comment