Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Birthday x 5!

Holy birthdays! Since so many people have had or are having a birthday within this week, I decided to do my own little tribute to each one of them. I realize that some of you might think me a bit cheesy, but I guess that's me... take it or leave it. :) I'm going to make my blog into a book so I felt it necessary to get a bit sappy sometimes.
First was Colby's birthday on March 28! I love Colby because he's always up for anything... board games, football, rodeo golf, basketball, running into fences, and especially the E.R. What a busy life he leads with school, work, friends, family, etc. It's no wonder that his naps are so important. His knowledge of music is vast (minus the Pat Benatar song... gees), he's intelligent, and sometimes I think he's the only one with a sense of humor close to mine. You never know what he's going to do with that facial hair of his... he's so wild and unpredictable!
Hope you had a rad birthday Colby!
*Picture taken during a game of cranium.
Next came Wendy's birthday on March 31! Oh Wendy... where do I begin? Even though we are so very, very different, we have been through so much together. And, even though we don't see eachother very often, it's as though we were never apart when we finally do get together. I admire that you are strong physically and emotionally yet so sensitive and caring when someone needs you. I appreciate your love for your dog considering that I hate knowing that there are so many people that don't treat animals they way I think they should. I'm glad that you are so good to yours... even though I think you're a bit obsessed. :) Just teasing! I wish that we lived closer to eachother so that we could celebrate our birthdays together just like we used to when we were little! Love you and Happy Birthday!



Then came Larry's birthday on April 1! I love your positive, welcoming personality. Anybody that can make you feel like family the first time you meet them is top in my book! You seem like an adventurer at heart and I love that you like to be active. And, what a huge pool of knowledge you are. I know that if I need to know why something is the way it is, I can just ask you. You are a reliable man that will drop anything to help someone else. I also like that you participate in the board games with me even though you throw the games and sometimes I seriously wonder if you really even enjoy it! :) You're a trooper.
Happy golden birthday!


Then my birthday came on April 2! I won't do a tribute to myself because that 's just weird. I will, however, reflect on this last year of my life. What an amazing year! Obviously the biggest event of the year was Lincoln's birth. There are no words to describe how awesome that experience was. I'm so grateful to everyone that put up with me and my pregnancy and was there to help us welcome him into this world. We made quite a few trips to California and I hope that we can continue that in the years to come. Derek and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. I really am very lucky: I have a great husband, a beautiful boy, a roof over my head, food on the table, great family and friends, and another baby on the way. Life is good. I look forward to this next year and welcoming our second child into this world. Here's to another great year!



And, finally, my Mom celebrates her birthday on April 5! Mom, I don't even know where to begin with you either. You are one of the nicest, warmest, kindest, most beautiful people I know. Your smile is infectious... I only wish I would have inherited it! While I don't have anyone else to compare, I really do believe that you are the best Mom in the world! I know you have sacrificed so much so that we could have more. I only hope that your generosity will come back to you and you can begin taking more time for yourself. You deserve it! Just like with Wendy, whenever we are together, it's as though we were never apart. I love you very much and wish that we could be closer to celebrate your birthday with you.
Happy Birthday!!!


6 comments:

My One and Only Thought said...

awww. what an adorable post! i only wish my birthday was in april so i could have tribute! haha. just kidding.

you should totally start up your myspace. then you could have left that comment about my blog on my myspace page! i'm sure if you just mess around with it a bit, it'll be really pretty easy for you to figure out. especially now that you're an experienced blogger.

i really like your idea about making your blog into a book. i really need to start putting more into ours so that i can do something like that as well.

anyway. talk to you soon!
<3

The Ingebretsen's... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

A Rosie Family said...

So I am offically the worst sister-in-law EVER!! I didn't forget your birthday, actually I thought about you several times that day but do you think I ever managed to send you a card or even a simple message! Does DITZY ring a bell!! Hope you had a good one anyways! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Marie said...

aw Happy birthday!! So have you guys found out what your having yet??? Im not sure how far you are along, not so good at math i guess!! Hope you had a great bday!!

lisamarie said...

Happy Birthday! (a few days late)

I hope you enjoyed every second of it!

Rendi said...

I'm glad I was able to tell you a day before happy birthday. It was good to see you, but it was disappointing that there was no gaming. Can you believe that I have not played Sttlers for at least 2-3 months?!!