Dear Fellow Bloggers,
I know I may have more free time than most people, or, perhaps I just put off more important things so that I can keep up with my blog. I think it's the latter of the two. Priorities, priorities. When I make comments to other blog buddies, I will often click on the blogs of the others that have commented as well (people I don't know). Since I'm a little new to this whole scene I basically want to know, is that creepy? I don't know if this is normal or if I'm just a little more bored than most. I don't want to be that weird girl that forces people to put some sort of block up (not sure if you can really do that, but I wouldn't doubt it). So, for those of you four people or so that read my blog, is it against the blog norm to read strangers blogs and leave a comment? Please let me know so I may save myself any possible embaressment in the future.
Yours truly,
Krystal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
It's so funny that you found my blog and commented and felt weird about it...because I did the EXACT same thing last night to some one I didn't know. I'm actually glad you commented... validates my thoughts on the stupidest things and made me feel better! You are now my new blog friend! High fives all around!
well, you can use my BFF Andrea as a good example. If you go to her website (which I believe you've commented on before and I personally loved it because I think it's awesome that if for some reason somewhere down the road I talked about my friend Andrea, you'd know who I was talking about and possibly be interested in whatever I was saying...)
ANYWAY, check out her blog links, many are people she's never met in person. And those people have a ton of blog buddies that they've never even met. Check out her post from Jan. 16 where she talks about Blogapalooza. Granted, these women are semi connected because of the church, but it doesn't mean they aren't still strangers.
I go to links all the time and read other's blogs. I don't comment that often, mainly because I barely have time to read the blogs I really care about. But I would and I don't think it's creepy at all - as long as the people seem relatively normal. I say keep it up!
Don't worry about it, I know people jump from blog to blog to look at people they don't know sometimes. Just tell the person who you are and they probably won't care. It's a good way to meet other women and let them know that they are normal and go through similar experiences as others. I know I would be fine with it!
My name is Marie and i used to be in the same ward as your husband ( woodruff ward) Anyway i happened to click on your blog from Autums blog and i think your family is so cute, so hopefully you dont think its odd that people you dont know read your blog!! I dont think its weird at all its a fun way to get to meet people.
TOTALLY NOT CREEPY! well, i mean, you could make it creepy by telling people weird things in your comments, but for the most part, it's just fun! it's a great way to meet people. WARNING: it IS, however, HIGHLY addictive. then you start meeting friends of friends, as well as total strangers, and you feel like you have to keep up with everyone's blogs so you don't hurt their feelings.
i've met some people that i really like, and plan to become "real life" friends with.
anyway. DO IT! it's fun.
Post a Comment