Saturday, November 10, 2007

Picasso at the Lapin Agile

Trina, Nicki, myself, and Jill


Lately I have been feeling like I'm in a bit of a rut. I think a lot of it has to do with not being in school for a while. I guess I've just been feeling like I am not expanding my mind... or feeling inspired. Don't misunderstand me, I DO NOT miss having to write papers or take tests. What I do miss is walking out of a lecture feeling like I have grown in some way. I was actually going to post something about my search for enlightenment and see if anyone had any good books that they could recommend. Then... like my shining angel... my best friend Trina came back into town. I dare say she is one of the most brilliant people I know. She is constantly trying to learn new things and always seems to know how to say the right thing. We took a little trip to the library and now I am on my way to enlightenment! Another thing that has added to the beginning of my quest is a play that I attended with Trina and my sister Jill. It is called Picasso at the Lapin Agile and it was fabulous! Trina's sister Nicki was in the play... it was so amazing to watch her! I walked out feeling so infatuated with the whole thing. It was exactly what I needed... something different that I would not normally do. Anyway, I completely loved it and I am still all ears if anyone has any good books or ideas for activities that they can recommend. I'm on a roll and have got to keep it up!

2 comments:

My One and Only Thought said...

Awww. it is very nice of you to say i'm brilliant! i do love to learn new things, but i don't really feel brilliant because i'm pretty much just learning what someone else already knows! haha. ya know? i wish i could really be brilliant and come up with some amazing idea of my own!

but i definitely know how you feel with the 'rut' thing. when you get down to california we'll have to have like...a once a month 'cultural' experience where we do something we wouldn't normally do. that'd be fun!

A Rosie Family said...

Good for you for stepping out! I understand the whole rut thing... however work usually takes care of that for me. It is always great to be inlightened once and a while!!