For Christmas, Derek got me tickets to the Brad Paisley concert and had already arranged to have his parents watch the kids so we could stay in Salt Lake for the night.
We went to Chili's for dinner and joked about how we don't have anything to talk about when we actually have the chance to talk... you know, without kids talking to us, us urging the kids to eat their dinner, cups spilling all over the table, etc., etc.
We stayed at a hotel that was right by the E Center, or whatever it's called now... those places change names so often that I can't keep up. So after having dinner and getting our stuff into the hotel room, we walked over to find our seats.
I love how everyone in the background tried to lean out of the picture.
Perfect view.
Scotty McCreery from American Idol was an opener along with The Band Perry.
I really loved The Band Perry. If I were a performer, I'd want to be like this chick. She was full of energy, lots of fun, and had big hair.
Then Brad came out.
He must have played on ten guitars that night. He played on this one, pulled out a marker and signed it....
Then handed it to someone in the crowd.
I think I would've peed my pants.
The concert was... so awesome.
It was so amazing to me that I struggle to come up with the right words to describe it.
Carrie Underwood came out for a song and the crowd went wild. We later read that people think she was actually a hologram and part of his "Virtual Reality" tour. Who knows?
What I do know is I want my legs to look like hers.
It really was like heaven for me...
On our way out of the concert hall Derek found this pin that said something like, "Get a free short stack (with pancake picture). Ask me how!"
He makes me laugh.
It really was the perfect night and the perfect Christmas present from my man who knows me so well.


No comments:
Post a Comment