Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Three-years-old!

In honor of Amelia's third birthday, I wanted to do a little post.
Going back through old pictures has taken me on a wild ride.

We should have known from the beginning...
She was a screamer!
We thought it was the salsa I ate.
We were wrong.

Boy, was she a beauty (and still is)?!
We couldn't believe she had so much dark hair!

She was so tiny.
So was Lincoln.
I can't even believe it... they were both so little!

Honestly, I don't remember much from when she was little.
I'd heard other people that had had difficult babies say the same thing.
It's kind of strange. 
I do remember these times, though...
...When she was so content and I could just play with her in the living room and set her in the corner of the couch to take pictures.  She was the prettiest baby ever.... at least I thought so.

And before we knew it she had changed from a baby to a little girl.
She melts my heart.
Some fun facts about her:
-She is adventurous.  Always has been.
-She is in big girl underwear... way ahead of big brother as far as potty training at this age.
-She likes princesses, butterflies, flowers and all things girly.
-She also likes cars, trucks, trains, and anything boyish.  She's versatile.  What can she say?
-She says "I love you" a lot.
-She says it most to Derek.  She's a big daddy's girl.
-She says "I'm tired" A LOT.  We think she just says it for something to say.
-She likes to play by herself sometimes.
-She's very independent which makes things easy and difficult all at the same time.
-She's cuddly.
-She likes her sleep and let's you know when she needs it.
-She likes to play outside, preferrably in any sort of dirt, sand, or mud.
-She likes to read books and often wanders off (alone) to her toom to do so.
-She loves purses, nail polish, earrings, and jewelry.
-She loves to wink.
-She turned "free"-years-old yesterday.
-She has to hold her thumb and pinky down to show you her three fingers.
-She is a little emotional.  Okay, maybe a lot.
-She has probably been the biggest challenge of my life.
-She is my sweetheart and I love her.  I love her smile, her voice, her tenderness, her giggle, her free spirit, and every other little thing about her... well, except maybe her screaming.
But, that can't last forever, right?
She can't be 18 and still screaming, right?
Well.....


Happy Birthday, love!!!

2 comments:

A Rosie Family said...

Awww. Sweet,sassy Amelia! Miss that girl and can't believe how grown up she is getting! Hope she had a super Happy Birthday!

Titel Family said...

You've got quite a cute-T there. We wish you guys lived closer. Give her loves from us!