This is Faye.
Back in April, about a week after her mom had delivered their third baby, they found out that sweet little Faye has Acute Myeloid Leukemia. I recently heard about her story from an instructor at the gym I go to. Faye is her neice. Faye's family lives in Texas, away from their family here in Utah. Faye is in her third round of chemo and has to spend much of her time at a children's hospital that is two hours away from her home. Tomorrow there is a fundraiser in Layton for their family. There will be a silent auction, yard sale, entertainment, boutiques, a free carnival, games, food, and a 5k.
Faye's story has hit close to home for me. She just celebrated her fourth birthday which means she is only a few weeks younger than Lincoln. I can't even imagine what this family is going through and will be there tomorrow to show my support for them, even though I don't know them.
Come on out and show your support, too!


3 comments:
What a sweet little face!
Oh....so hard. We probably won't do the 5k but will definitely come to the festivities! See you there!
Darn it! I was signed in as kennedy again...i guess by now you know it's really me.
Post a Comment