Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun Mom

We went to "The Bagoon" again today.
We decided it would be fun to go to Lagoon-A-Beach since it's been so hot.
Jeri even packed a sandwich/chips/cookie dinner for all of us. 
That was pretty awesome.
We played.
We splashed.
We had a blast until I decided to be "Fun mom" and take Amelia down the kid slide.
I tried to stand up when we got to the bottom, which is only about knee deep.
I had too much momentum and couldn't stop from falling/skidding/sliding onto my knees...
I teased with everyone that I felt like a damn eight-year old walking around with two bloody knees.
Actually, blood running down one leg.  (Am I being dramatic enough about this?)

When I went to the first-aid station the girl said with shock in her tone, "What did you do?"
Apparently even most eight-year olds don't do this there.

I used to have a scar here on my knee from falling on a really rocky road when I was about 11.
I don't think much of that scar is left anymore.
See the chunk taken out?
I know, just what you wanted to see.
I figure maybe you're bored of cute pictures of my kids and
stories about the funny things they do and say.
I'm just trying to switch things up a bit.

I feel like I'm having flashbacks of this...
Luckily it wasn't *quite* so bad this time.

On the way home I was talking with Derek about how things like this happen when I finally venture out of my comfort zone.  I was just trying to be fun mom and go down the stinkin' slide.
Derek said something like, "Yeah, even if you don't get hurt, you still usually look pretty funny when you do things like that."
I guess it's just me.
I'm not coordinated so I don't know why I even try.

Luckily I managed to save Amelia from the rocks of death at the bottom of the slide.
I'm sure the kids will still go down that slide.
I'm pretty sure I won't, though.
No more fun mom at Lagoon-A-Beach.

3 comments:

Captain Red Beard's Wife said...

Haha! I love it! That's awesome you went down the slide. Don't skinned knees hurt soo much more now than they ever did when you were a kid? I don't remember them hurting that much.

A Rosie Family said...

This post is seriously cracking me up and Dereks comment is cracking me up even more. "Fun mom" is gonna have to take it easy! Hope your knees are recovering well

curb said...

welcome to lagoona beach. Where the ground is made of razor blades! I have a number of wounds from that place. And I have witnessed many more.