It's just been recently that Lincoln has started to express some interest in super heroes. This poor kid is around a lot of estrogen all day. If you remember from previous posts, he has worn lipstick, wanted his toenails and fingernails painted and picked flowers on more that one occasion. He's a sensitive guy, what can he say? I have to admit, though, that I'm happy to see him running around the house with his superman cape. Not that I care about the lipstick or nail polish, it's just cute to see him with a cape flying up behind him.
The other day he had a long sleeve shirt that ended up getting a few holes in the elbow. As I was walking to the trash to throw it away, I had the bright idea to cut the sleeves off. Derek does that to his old shirts and then wears them to the gym so I thought he'd look even more like Derek's mini-me if I put him in one. I definitely didn't plan on him wearing it anywhere but around the house for fun. I let him wear it on Sunday and we ended up making a quick trip to my Great Aunt Grace's house. I threw on his jacket and intended on just making a quick trip there and back. On our way home, Derek told me he had put the thawing chicken back in the freezer so we decided to go to McDonald's so the kids could play. We got our food and got settled at the table. Of course the kids wanted to go play, so I went to take off Lincoln's jacket and realized that I had totally forgotten he was still wearing this...
It was hilarious!
I asked him to show me his muscles and he would do that with his arms and yell really loud.
He says his muscles are loud. That makes me laugh.
Then, the other day I was pulling weeds and the kids ended up helping me. Lincoln began collecting the "flowers" for me. By the time I finished he had quite the little bouqet. He brought them in the house and before I knew it, he had grabbed some tupperware, filled it with some water, put his "flowers" in the water, moved my fruit bowl from the table to the counter, and placed his arrangement right in the center of the table where my fruit bowl had been.
It was beautiful.
Man, that kid can drive me crazy sometimes but he says and does some of the funniest things and has the sweetest, kindest heart.
Now, if we can only keep him that way as he grows into a man, I think he will make some lucky lady very happy. What can he say? He has a good example to follow.


1 comment:
Both Phearson and Tav are really big into superheros right now. I love to see them running around with their capes and masks on. Priceless.
You can come play superheros, or muscle man with us anytime!!
Post a Comment