Anyway, since it's been a while I thought I'd post pictures of our highlights over the last couple of weeks.
The four of us had a nice, romantic candlelit dinner for Valentine's Day. It was actually pretty fun. I realized at the last minute that I didn't have any candle holders so I put them on paper plates. Ghetto, I know. The kids loved it, though, and kept pretending to blow the flames out. I honestly have to say that I think staying home beats fighting the crowds on that day. I promise I'm not just saying that because we didn't really have any other choice. We used to go out on the BIG day and it was just madness. Although, dinner at our house is kind of madness too.
As usual, I'm trying to stay on top of keeping the house clean. The kids love to throw on some capes (blankets) and follow me around with their own vacuums.
It's really rather cute.
We've also had a few pretty decent snow storms that have, thankfully, happened on the weekend when Derek is here. I really do love that the kids love to go play in the snow. But.... I'm ready for the warmer weather when it doesn't take me as long to get them ready to go outside as they actually end up playing outside.
This storm was pretty insane.
The snow at the end of the driveway from the plow was nearly as tall as Lincoln.
Poor Amelia was sick... again. She got a fever through the night so I took her to the doctor in the morning but ended up finding out that she didn't have an ear infection or anything else really, other than a cold. So... the doctor sent us on our way and just said to keep an eye on her.
Hate: when my kids gets sick.
Love: how cuddly they are.
I eat it up.
This past weekend we went to a local indoor pool.
Derek took both kids down the big slide that I wouldn't dare take them on.
I can barely handle myself in water, I'm certainly not going to be doing any of that nonsense anytime soon!
I was certain that Amelia's scream would be echoing through that place when she got to the bottom (She screamed in terror today when I pulled a new humidifier out of the box... that's how chicken she can be).
I sat with anticipation, wondering what would happen. They came to the bottom of the slide and she was smiling! Derek said she kept saying "Weeee!" on the way down.
A true miracle, that is.
Lincoln, on the other hand, wasn't so certain.
But, when he saw Amelia going again, I guess he figured it was safe.
Never seen this smile before.
She cracks me up.
We've also had Kate and Jane over a few times. My kids are in heaven when they are here and, therefore, I am too.
I've worked out a little deal with Mindi that I'll watch her kids and she watches mine while I go to the gym. I have been to Zumba and boot camp and even tried my luck with a step class that was far beyond any moves I could bust out right now. I've started feeling better already, but of course I knew I would. It's been a while since I worked out and I realize how much I missed it. My motivation right now is getting in shape for running a leg in the Ogden marathon in May and then a trip to Vegas in June.
I get a little nausious when I think about the running part but I know it will be good for me.
The scariest part is being on a team that has other people that are counting on me. But, I guess that's motivation, right?
And, as far as Vegas goes, it will be June and will probably be 400 degrees which means we will most likely spend a lot of time at the pool. My goal is to feel comfortable in a bathing suit by then. I have three months and think I may be able to pull it off.
Wait. Scratch that.
I WILL pull it off!
I WILL pull it off!


3 comments:
That indoor pool looks like fun! But you have to come to Cali in the summer for a Wild Rivers day. Looks like you guys have really settled in nice. Try to stay warm!!
Of course you WILL pull it off... you are my hero.
Looks like you guys have been keeping busy and having fun. I thought of you when we went to have our taxes done. "It's cruch time for Krystal" I thought but it looks like things are going well. We don't even get to go swimming in "California" in February!
Oh my, that picture of Amelia is so stinkin cute. I'm so excited for your run! You totally can do it. I didn't exercise at all in 2010, which I'm sure is the main reason it sucked so bad. It's amazing what an effect it has. Anyway, the run will be awesome - you'll be amazed. You: rock star. Me: lazy. :)
Post a Comment