The facts:
-We live in The Rockies.
-Yes, it snows here.
-We have a north facing house.
-Our driveway is shaded for most of the winter.
-It can become an ice rink very quickly.
-When it snows, it is best to get it cleared as soon as possible.
I get it. BUT...
I woke up this morning at 5:40 as Derek was getting ready to head to the gym. I could hear a weird hum noise and realized someone was snowblowing. "What the hell?" I thought. "Really?" That's when I realized that the yahoo right next door leaves for work a little after 6:00 a.m. so it was probably him.
The last couple of days, both kids have had runny noses but Amelia has had a fever on and off. She doesn't handle it well. At all. I've noticed that when Lincoln is sick, he usually seems better if I set everything else I'm doing aside and just sit with him. I've heard this is true with other people's kids too. With Amelia, though, I can do that very same thing but she will sit and cry in my arms. It breaks my heart. She has been struggling to sleep the last couple of nights and has been waking up every couple of hours. I have been feeling like the mother of a newborn again. I feel the madness of the lack of sleep starting to creep in again.
So... when I heard yahoo running his snowblower this morning, I felt like a momma bear. My baby cub's window is right by their driveway. I started mindblogging about the whole situation and had myself wide awake before I knew it.
Random thoughts during my moment of madness:
-Dude, your wife stays home. Teach her how to fire that bad boy up so she can do it around 8 or 9. It won't be the end of the world if you have to put some tire tracks through the snow on your driveway.
-In college, I can remember a professor talking about unspoken common courtesy things that we do as neighbors. One of them was not leaving your garbage cans out all week. No offense if you do that.
This snowblowing thing seems to fit right in there with that, though.
-If Amelia wakes up, I'm going to shoot him with the lasers from my eyeballs.
Luckily, both kids slept through it but it still left me wondering how early is too early? Am I being dramatic? Never! Is it just me? I hope not!
What do you think? How early is too early for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
No, I'd definitely be pissed too. I once lived in an apartment complex where the scheduled ground maintenance (lawn mowing, snow blowing, you name it) was done at 7 AM once a week. At the time, I worked a job from 8PM - 6AM four days a week and therefore, I slept during the days. I'd finally get in bed by 6:30 and half an hour later I'd have these idiots by my window being super loud. I was single then, had no kids... but that still drove me nuts. It wouldn't bother me if I was in a deeper sleep, but since I always had JUST fallen asleep... it bugged. Even now, if I hear some one's loudness, I always think that if they wake my kids I will box them. That goes for my husband too.
Oh man.. that really does suck. For a minute there I thought you were going to say that it was Derek out there with the snowblower. I definately say too early! I amazes me sometimes how inconsiderate people can be.
P.S. Hope the kids start feeling beter soon.
No snow blowers needed in Long Beach CA!!!!!! IT was 80 here today!! It's going to be 80 tomorrow as well.
Ryan-
Wow,I would be very annoyed too. That's pretty brave doing something like that so early. I am with you on that...too early!
I am sorry the kids aren't feeling well. It's hard to see them sick and/or crying. Hope they feel better soon.
that is just as bad as someone out mowing their lawn at 6 am in the summer or 10 pm on a school night lol. I have to get up and shovel early cause I have a school cross walk and have to do it before the kids wake up since my husband leaves early. If I had a snow blower I think I would use it lol. But I am the only one on the block with small children.
Post a Comment