It has been sort of therapeutic for me to blog and read other blogs. There are people that have some funny, sad, inspiring, powerful stories to tell and sometimes I find myself thinking about people that I don't even know - things they've been through, how they cope with situations, funny stories between spouses or with kids, etc. And sometimes, I think that if I were to ever meet any of these strangers, I would feel like I am meeting someone famous... because, well, they're famous to me.
There are now three main blogs that I love to follow. None of these people have ever met me, but they change my life everyday.
- Stephanie Nielson - Wife and mother to four children who was badly burned in a plane crash with her husband. I know many of you have heard of her, too, and many of you follow her blog right along with me. I love to hear her stories of moving on and living life after the crash, the new struggles that the crash has brought for her as a mom and wife, and I love to see pictures that show her style. She is beautiful and motivating.
- Patrick and Ashley - A young couple that lost their 18 month old last summer when she fell into an irrigation canal and drowned. Although it is hard to read their blog, I find myself checking it all the time. It is so awesome to read about them coping and moving forward and one day being with their little girl again. And, even though they talk about how difficult life is for them right now, they are so optimistic and positive and have even started a donation program for Primary Children's. They are so awesome.
- Mandy - Mother of four that recently lost her husband to cancer. It breaks my heart to even imagine what she must be going through. It has only been a few days since I've been introduced to this blog, but I find myself thinking of her all the time and wondering how she does it. She seems very optimistic, too, and even when she's posting about something sad, she can make jokes. I find myself laughing and crying all at the same time. She seems like an amazing person.
When I'm at my wits end with my kids as they scream at the top of their lungs or I'm frustrated at the mess of toys that takes over our house, Patrick and Ashely's story will sometimes pop into my head. I'm sure they would take those temper tantrums and toys all over the house back in a second if it meant that they could have their daughter back.
And, when Derek and I have a disagreement and I find myself frustrated with him, I am reminded of Mandi's story. It also makes me think of a post she did about how she loved everything she hated about her husband. This is so true. Sometimes I hate that Derek doesn't talk much or that there is ALWAYS a pile of clothes on the floor by his side of the bed. But, at the same time, I also love those things. I love that he listens to me and that whatever he says really means something. And, the pile of clothes means that he is here.
These stories help me to feel so grateful and I think that's what it all comes down to and why I love to read them - they put me where I need to be as far as staying grateful and appreciating what I have, even in the times that I'm frustrated or sad.
They really are super awesome people.


3 comments:
I love reading other blogs. You are so right-it gives contrast to my life and a different perspective! I enjoy reading your blog, you are very open and that is refreshing to read :-)
Tears*
I totally agree. Blogging is a wonderful, therapeutic thing. (I have been so bad lately) It's always nice to have simple reminders to help us appreciate all we have to be grateful for:)
Couldn't agree more. Our culture is so trained to be closed and private - but by not sharing our stories and hearing the stories of others, we are alone. Or at least we think we are. So yeah, I agree 100%.
Post a Comment