Friday, December 24, 2010

Isn't it ironic... don't ya think?

Last night, while in line at the photo department at Walmart, I saw a girl/woman/lady that was about my age and had very short hair.  It was short enough that she kind of had it spiked up in different directions and it was a little longer on the sides.  I found myself staring at her hair and thinking how cute it was.  I've tried to go short before (not ever that short) and have never really liked it.  I usually cut it and immediately let it start growing out again.  I've just always figured I'm a long-hair-kind-of-gal.  I have to clarify that the cut is not bad (Kim, you do a fabulous job!), I just always feel sort of naked without my long hair.

Anyone that knows me knows that I have changed my hair color a million different times - usually from dark to blond and back again.  In the past year I've actually really started to like the color that my hair naturally is.  It has started to get long again and my natural color ended up being close to the color that I was dying it.  So, I figured why not let it grow out and see what color it really is.  I've been dying it since the end of highschool so when people would ask what my natural color was, I never really knew. 

Anyway, now that I'm seeing the natural color, I love it. 
The problem - I have found grey hairs.
How ironic is that?!
I've been dying it all this time and should have left it alone and waited to dye it until I really needed to!

Back to the short hair girl... she got me thinking about whether I should cut mine.  I know I would be sad because it is finally starting to get long again.  BUT... then I remembered locks of love.  How cool would it be to donate to that?  I'm sure I would be sad to not have my long hair, but I could definitely cope if I knew it went to help give people hair that want it so badly but can't grow it.

So now, me who was totally happy with my hair two days ago, has been browsing the internet and looking for SHORT styles!  Any ideas/suggestions?

I really like hers.  I'm thinking short and spunky... ?

1 comment:

My One and Only Thought said...

I say go for it!! If you end up not liking it, it'll grow out right? I cut mine pretty short at one point, and I can't believe how quickly it grew back out. Like it was literally two summers ago and it is already almost to the middle of my back. Haha. In no time at all you could have it as long as you have it now.