Friday, November 26, 2010

Another year under our belt!

 Tomorrow Derek and I will celebrate six years of being married.... and I bet you can't guess how?!  Yep, that's right, the next best place to the sunny beaches of Hawaii - Wendover.  Ha!

Oddly enough, we really look forward to going just to get away for awhile and just be us.  I know I do this every year, but "Words of Affirmation" is my love language (The Five Love Languages by David Chapman - check it out!) so I like to be pretty vocal about my feelings for pretty much anyone I care about.  But, since we are leaving in a few short hours and I was one of the crazies that spent the early, early morning hours crunched in with a million other people at select local stores, I'll keep it short and sweet.

  • I love Derek for his quiet personality.  When he speaks, it means something... not like my constant jabbering about nothing in particular.  And, even though I sometimes wish he talked more, I think if he did, it wouldn't be him and maybe I wouldn't like him as much.
  • I love him for knowing me - knowing when I need him to be extra sensitive to my feelings, knowing how to make me laugh, knowing all my quirks and still wanting to continue knowing me.
  • I love him for all he does for our family.  He works very hard and I appreciate it.
  • I love him for being willing to take some journeys with me even though we are totally unsure of the outcome.
  • I love him for the way he treats our children.  I think we are a good balance with them.
  • I love him for his sense of humor and our inside jokes.
  • I love him for the way he looks at me.  I truly feel that he loves me and I think he says it through his eyes.


  • I. Love. Him.

4 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are so cute together!!! Have such a fun trip! You deserve it!!!

My One and Only Thought said...

CUTE!! Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a great time in Wendover (you always do). I'm so glad to see you guys happy and doing well. It makes me smile!

<3

A Rosie Family said...

You two are perfect for each other! Happy Anniversary!

Titel Family said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Time really does fly, huh! 6 years and two kids later...still in love!