Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 5 - Favorite quote

"A good mother has dirty floors and happy children." - Author Unknown (to me)


I can remember seeing this quote on a magnetic at Jeff and Mindi's house years ago and thinking that it was pretty cute. Only after having children of my own did I realize how true it is. It has become my favorite quote and I am constantly reminding myself of it when I start to flip about the condition our house is in. Like the times I find myself cleaning around my kids as they are playing rather than just letting them play and cleaning up when they are done. Or the times that I notice that they are playing and I am cleaning even though I know I should take advantage of that time and just go play with them and clean later. Or the times that they are dirty/muddy/happy and are tracking everything everywhere and I stress about the mess they are making or the stains on their clothes instead of just letting it go. It is something that I have to remind myself of a lot because I'm kind of a psycho about keeping our kids and house clean... or at least I used to be. I just can't keep up anymore!

So... this morning when Amelia dumped the box of stickers ALL OVER the place, I had to take notice of the smile on her face.

Boy, was she was happy!

2 comments:

A Rosie Family said...

I love it! I need to remember this one myself. I find my kids really are the happiest when their are a million and one toys on the floor with them.

Kim said...

So cute, she does look way happy!