Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Viva Las Vegas - Part 2

The next morning Mandi flew to Vegas (Derek and I knew about it but Jared didn't).
Even though we stayed up late the night before, Derek and I couldn't really sleep in. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but since we've had kids, we CAN NOT manage to sleep in even when we have the opportunity. It's like some cruel curse.
So Derek and I snuck out of the room to go pick up Mandi from the airport. Jared slept right through us getting up, getting ready, and leaving. He obviously has not been affected by the curse... YET!
We spent the day down by the pool. It was fabulous to sit in the warm sun, listen to the music, and laugh and talk with Mandi and Jared. I love being around Mandi and her big hair and outrageous (in a good way, of course) style... even though I feel frumpy compared to her. She doesn't care what people think and just likes to have a good time. It encourages me to let go of my insecurities and have a good time too.

Derek and Jared enjoying the pool.

While at the pool, a promoter approached us and told us about a club at The Wynn (I think).
Derek and I aren't really "clubbers" but figured we'd go check it out... for the young folk that we were with.
When we got to The Wynn and saw the line for the club, I immediately felt out of place. It was very fancy and apparently there is a "strict shoe policy" (I don't belong anywhere that has one of those!) at the club that the promoter didn't tell us about. So there I was in jeans and flip flops in a line of people in fancy clothes and shoes. We ended up leaving and made our way over to Treasure Island. They boys did a little gambling and then we saw this guy welcoming us to a country bar...

With a cute little dance floor...

And even a mechanical bull!
I was in heaven.
The place was casual, the people were friendly, and the music was great!
Maybe I'm just a cowgirl at heart!

Derek even showed us what he's got on the mechanical bull.
Maybe he's just a cowboy at heart!

Mechanical bull video to come!

3 comments:

T&K SMITH said...

The shoe policy... Seriously we were going to go there once and realize that, and we were out too. Way to formal for me ha ha. I miss you I've been wanting to call you lately but my timing is always off. I'm jealous a wknd away how fun. I love your pic of you two dancing looks like fun.
ps. you are so not a old folk, oh and the curse that is some funny stuff, I hate it too

lisamarie said...

Looks like sooo much fun. I love country "clubs"!! And that's a 100% genuine fun smile you have on while you're there. Glad you got to get away for a few days!

Titel Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe Derek road the bull! I guess he's a bit crazier than I remember! By the way...is that a tatoo on Derek's chest? If so, of what?