Thursday, May 27, 2010
Lincoln of the Day
Recently I heard of a great way to record things that your children do and say. You keep a little notebook and as things happen that you don't want to forget, you just write it down. And every once in a while, throw in a picture of the child around the age that they said or did whatever you thought was worth recording. You could even write little notes to your child in it. This is such a great idea because I have grand plans of scrapbooking our lives, but they are just that - grand... and probably won't happen for a while... if ever. This is a QUICK and EASY way to do just that which means I am so totally doing it. So, I will most likely start recording different things on this blog until I can get my procrastinating booty to the store to find some notebooks. And even after I get the notebooks, you may still see a few on here. Hopefully they make you smile even half as much as they do me.
I'm trying to think of clever titles for the books, but so far all I've come up with is "Lincoln of the Day" and "Amelia of the Day," because I assume that most things that will go in the notebooks will be the highlight of my day.
Today's moment (as we got ready to go to the park):
Me: "Lincoln, do you have your shoes on?"
Lincoln: "No, I have a feet on."
P.S. Thanks, Sarah, for the fun idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh please please do this - use whatever method is easiest for you. This is one of my greatest regrets and the further you get as a parent the more you forget. In the moment you think you'll never forget such a cute thing but unfortunately you do...even sometimes just a day or two later.
What a good idea.
That little Lincoln is just too cute. I'm glad he at least had his feet on:)
You are going to love,love, love reading those notebooks as your babes get older.
I have a journal for each child that I started when I was pregnant-sort of like letters to them from me, and I love reading about them growing up.
Times goes too fast!
I started that with Trent.. but then life happened- my favorites were words he couldn't say right- Mom, is Nic going Golthing. Or drew's dad is a highway controlman. When are we going on Jacation.
Post a Comment