Monday, April 26, 2010

Say it isn't so!

Could one of these be our next car?

If the husband has his way, it sure will.
I've put my foot down but I don't know how long I will be able to hold him off.
I'm sure it's far more spacious than what we currently have.
I'm sure it's nice to not worry about the kids swinging the doors open and denting the lexus, mercedes, or bmw next to us. (That would be my luck!)
I just don't know if I can do it.
Me. Driving a minivan.
No offense.
I know and love many who drive one.
Talk to me.
What are your thoughts?

10 comments:

Kristi Case said...

It's a hard decision to get the 'mom' vehicle. We've had a van for 5 years and I think our next one will be an SUV/crossover (that's what we had before). But we love our van-the pros are: STORAGE, lots of room for friends, did I mention so much storage? And the gas mileage isn't too bad. I think in the toddler/baby/young kid age range a van is a must for 2+ kids, it's so much easier to get them in and out.

Titel Family said...

Everyone fights it at first but they are so practical. Especially if you have more than one child. If I had another I would break down and get one. The older you get the more you want practical stuff instead of looking cool. Do it I say!

Hess Fam said...

I hear you dilemma. I find myself fighting it too. Who knows. It really is the most practiacl/comfortable car. I can't wait to see what you decide!

lisamarie said...

If it makes you feel any better, Tosh wants a full size van. Yeah. Ford Econoline type of thing..

the sad thing is that Chanda is right - it's all about function and practicality for us moms/families....and I'm totally on the full size van train too! Camping equip? done. Throw in the bikes for a mountain ride? done. Camping equip AND bikes AND the dog? done. Add a few extra nieces/nephews? done. Company in town and you have to take 3 cars to go anywhere? no more. See where I'm going with this? It's all about the destination - and whatever it takes to get you there in the most practical and easy method...sold.

My One and Only Thought said...

Oh, dude! I must be a huge nerd because I saw a Toyota Sienna driving next to us and I was like "Oooooh man, I can't wait to be a Mom driving my kids around in one of those beauties!" Hahaha. The thought of it being lame didn't even cross my mind.

Seriously though, there will be people that will admire and envy (for lack of a better word) you when they see you driving a mini-van full of kiddos around. I know I envy the mom in the mini-van a million times more than the sexy blonde in the Ferrari - hands down! Every time I see a mom in a mini-van, I just think to myself "I can't wait to be THAT person!"

I say, embrace it! Besides, anything that can make your life easier is a plus, right?

A Rosie Family said...

Don't be scared!!

Rendi said...

I think we have had this talk before...it is so practical and yet does bring down the coolness factor. I am always a bit embarassed when I have managers and customers from work in my van...I find myself giving the excuses or reasons for a van. BUT...at this point in my life, I would never trade it! Sometimes growing up really isn't cool. At least you'll always have your general coolness to bank on!

Anonymous said...

I'm scared of the van too. I always said from the time I could drive (I earned my license via a Ford Windstar minivan), that I'd NEVER own one. We currently have a Nissan Xterra and for only two kids, it's great. But with two full size car seats in the back, there isn't even enough room for another person, let alone another car seat if we were to have another kid. I'd prefer to go the crossover route if I had my way. Sort of van-ish, but still not quite there. I'm fighting it hard, but I think once kid #3 starts being created (hopefully later than sooner... at least not until Zakk's off the thunderbird team and isn't traveling all year), it might be hard to get around.

T&K SMITH said...

You are so so funny. You just made my day good times good times. I've always said I would never drive one either. But I rode with my aunt to my mom's and she drives a van and I must say the inside is pretty sweet. I think it is funny Derek actually want's one. plus so much easier to get the babies out. and no denting bmw's etc love it!

Braden and Jodee said...

I felt the same way... then we bought one, and I've never been happier. Best decision we ever made!!