I've always had straight hair and always wished that I had some curl in it. Everyone I knew that had curly hair wanted theirs to be straight. I thought they were crazy. They probably thought I was crazy.
Anyone who has heard Lincoln call Amelia, knows that he calls her "Leah." He originally called her "La-la," but as he's grown the name has evolved. I have tried to teach him "A-mil-ya" and everytime he repeats me, he says "A-mia." It's really quite cute.
I've had people ask me if we call her by a nickname. I've never been a nickname sort of person. They don't bother me, I actually rather like nicknames. I just always felt weird when I would try to call my kids by any other name. But, just for fun, I figured I'd give it a whirl again. The other day I was trying to get Amelia's attention so I said, "Leah." "Leah."
Lincoln promptly came over to me and said, "A-mia!"
He apparently didn't appreciate me calling her something else.
Who knows, maybe we'll come up with something that everyone is okay with.


8 comments:
That cute little Lincoln sticking up for his sister! I love it!
Love it! Curious to see what her hair looked like after the curlers were out.
Haha way cute! Amelia is a hard name for nicknames.
I love how Lincoln says her name! It's too cute. I wish I could have seen Amelia's hair after the curlers came out. Too Cute!!
mia... or sausageweed.
What a sweety. I hope we can make it down there soon - before she's 5 at least. :)
Where is the picture of her with curly hair?
Ha Ha that is so funny what a cute kid!
Post a Comment