Obviously as a joke and obviously the picture I received had him fully dressed. I had multiple teen magazines that mainly had pictures of our heart throbs of the early 90s. I think I might have taped a few to my bedroom walls. I can't be sure anymore. I would bet good money on it, though.
This picture of Andrew was one of the first I could find and makes my point of this post even better. At the time, he was a hunk. As I'm getting older now, I'm noticing quite the change in my taste and opinion of what a "hunk" is. Now when I look at that picture, I laugh. Then I think he just looks like a little boy. He was. And now I find it a little disturbing that he was probably 14 years old and they have his shirt unbuttoned and falling off of his shoulders. Weird.
It's a given that Derek is my heart throb. I'd tape his pictures to my walls anyday! Actually, maybe I'll just stick with framing them.
But lately I've decided that if I were hanging pictures of famous heart throbs on my walls, these guys would be all over them...
It doesn't hurt that Gerard has an Irish accent.
He's my new favorite. More favorite than Hugh now.





10 comments:
Hahha. Cute post. I'm kind of happy to say that my teenage heart throbs weren't TOO embarassing. I remember hanging up lots of pictures of Johnny Depp, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
My pre-teen heart throbs were the entire cast of Beverly Hills 90210. I really can't believe my parents let me watch that show!
Nowadays, I'd still be hanging Johnny Depp on my wall, definitely. I also really like James McAvoy. And Maynard James Keenan from Tool. :)
P.S. Gerard is from Scotland, just like my heart-throb James McAvoy.
Holy Gerard Butler... he's one of my top three crushes. The other two are Ryan Reynolds and Pete Loeffler (the lead singer of the band Chevelle... looks and a hot voice, oh baby!)
Seriously though, I'm embarrassed to admit that I was obsessed with Hanson back in the day. You know, Mmmbop? Yeah, that Hanson. I'm not sure what I even saw in them because... they are/were gross. But then N'Sync came along and Justin Timberlake set my loins on fire. I had my walls plastered with all of them, for sure!
Also... thought you should see this (sorry for the ridiculously long link):
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aTpScFUcVEY/S5W1epBm7vI/AAAAAAAABuc/CLW7NLG_3uI/s1600-h/425_butler_cooper_lc_030810.jpg
man candy sandwich for your viewing pleasure.
Trina - He's from Scotland?! Dang. I look like an idiot. I guess I assumed he was Irish because he plays an Irish guy in P.S. I love you.
You left one of your heart throbs out. Remember the dude that was in that trio. He had corn rows... I think. Can't remember the name of the band. We will have to talk about it. Makes me laugh!
Rachel - Mmmmm. Thanks! :)
P.S. Rachel - Can't stop laughing about the man candy sandwich!
I remember when everyone was into Tom Cruise, I had a thing for Val Kilmer- Ummmm, still did until just after high school. & Tom Hanks. I still think he be fun. I have some odd taste. I totally Dig Cameron Mathison from my soap...http://abc.go.com/shows/all-my-children/bio/ryan-lavery/165636
Okay...I am going to be the old lady and you will all laugh, but my heart throb that set me on fire and I had pics of him plastered everywhere (including the bottom of my sisters top bunk so I could go to sleep dreaming of him) was....Rob Lowe. He is still so hot to me. I remember when he dated Melissa Gilbert and I was just jealous. I really liked all the brat pack. Now a days, I would have to get back to you. It changes often. I really liked Jason Patrick in My Sister's Keeper, but I think I was in 80's flashback to Lost Boys and other Jason Patrick movies. Thanks for this fun post...I really should be working but all I can do is drool over the men that used to be!
When I was a little lady, I was in love with Bon Jovi! I had a door size poster I kissed every night before I went to sleep!
Today, I love Adam Lambert! He taunts and tortures me with his piercing eyes and mad vocals! I am well aware of the fact that he is a homosexual, but a girl can still dream... and believe me, I do!!
Hey Krystal! It was all about the Backstreet Boys for me! I had them on my walls! :) Anyway! Stop by my new blog! thecuteshortcouple.blogspot.com
I'm a little late here but had to comment - My first crush that I remember was Shaun Cassidy. He was a Hardy Boy. In jr. high it was all about the punk rockers for me -i won't even scare you with that one. By high school, definitely the 21 Jump Street Johnny Depp (who remains at the top of the list for us thirty-somethings)and River Phoenix.
Today my fave is Daniel Craig - I know he's old but he is so sexy.
Post a Comment