As I shared before, Derek and I were lucky that Valentine's Day was on the weekend this year, but, we were even luckier to have some babysitters (Thanks mom and dad!) so that we could get away for a night.
I must have one of these some day!
Just kidding.
Derek said he felt bad that we were not eating somewhere fancier for Valentine's Day and just as I had finished telling him that we could close our eyes and imagine that we were eating a nice dinner on the beach, we heard "Goooooooaaaaaaallllllll!" coming from the soccer game on the t.v. behind me.
We got a good laugh about it.
The next morning, we decided to take a walk down the pier before heading home.
On our way, we passed the Top Gun house that Tom Cruise's lady lived in.
we were excited to get back and see the kids.
It doesn't take long to start missing those little rugrats!
I can't even express how lucky I am to be able to spend a weekend like that with my favorite person in the world.
He is seriously my other half and I can't imagine my life without him!


6 comments:
What a great little get away! And that sunset... I am so jealous! Looks picture perfect.
I am SUPER jealous! That looked like the best weekend get away! What a treat in deed!
Thanks SO much for your sweetest comment on my post! It made my day! I was just telling Megan the other day how much I enjoyed meeting you a few weeks ago! You are just so sweet!
Thanks again!
Wow...I really can't raz you about the move from the snow of Utah can I??? So jealous! Our planned trip to Mexico in October seems so far away...oh that's because it is! Maybe a quickie trip to CA is in order...do you have any room for us??? Perhaps we should go here.
Good for you. Hooray for little getaways - they are the best. My favorite part about this post is how you go from the details about dinner and then fast-forward to the next day without sharing anymore details at all. Like I said, HOORAY for little getaways! ha ha. wink wink. :)
That looked like so much fun! Good for you two lucky lucky:) I love your face with you on the bike you look so excited, your so cute you crack me up! Such cute pictures!!!
Looks like tonz of fun!
Post a Comment