I have so much to share about the move and holidays with everyone. Procrastinater me still hasn't downloaded any pictures though. I've at least thought about doing it. That's a step in the right direction, right? For now, I will just share a little here and there about our crazy days.
Earlier I took the kids to the store to pick up a few things. Rather, I needed wipes and ended up walking out of Target with wipes and two bags of stuff. You know how that goes.
While I was browsing the children's clothing section, a girl/lady about my age with a little boy started talking with me. She was super friendly, complimented how cute my kids were, asked what size of clothes I buy for Amelia since her boy was about the same age, and started talking about how they fall a lot when they are learning to walk. She shared with me that her boy fell a few days ago and skinned his knee. She showed me his knee. We started talking about how that happens when they start walking. The conversation was short and I walked away with a "Good talking to you" or something along those lines. After I left, I realized that I was a little suspicious of her friendliness. I didn't necessarily think she was going to grab my kids and run, but I thought "What if she was distracting me so someone else could? Or at least grab my bag?" Then I realized I was a little sad that that even crossed my mind. I don't blame myself or anyone else for being cautious, but, it really is a shame that friendliness is suspicious. I didn't stick around to talk for an extended period of time because I started to get a little nervous. Now I'm thinking, what if I missed out on a new friend? I'm in a new place and could use a few.
Oh well, maybe next time.
Just for fun, thought I'd share a Lincoln moment again. This kid is coming up with some funnies lately.
He tooted/passed gas/let a stinky or whatever you prefer to call it.
He smiled.
I smiled and said, "What do you say?"
He paused for a minute.
"Thank you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I totally know what you mean about making friends in new places. I'm lucky enough to have a sort of "network" of friends through Zakk's coworkers here on base if I want, but I just haven't gotten around to that yet. Church is where I've found the whole two friends I do have at this point. But I'm super suspicious here as well... especially because the entire premise of the Las Vegas version of the show CSI is shot literally in the neighborhood outside the base here. So, you know, murders and what not all the time plus meeting new people isn't my cup of tea.
Also, Lincoln is hilarious! I love that he said thank you!!!
lol he is so funny ha ha that sandwich story made me laugh so hard what a cute kid! I think you can never be to cautious people are crazy and it is sad that we have to be leary but that is what the world has done to all of us! But finding new friends is so so hard especially one you like! Good luck love ya miss ya
Isn't is sad what things have become these days. We get suspecious when someone actually takes the time to talk to/with us. But then again you never know. Maybe you will run into her again at Target sometime..
We need to hang out sometime by the way.
Post a Comment