Monday, September 21, 2009

How could I get mad at that?

Lincoln and sleep have not gotten along since we've moved into the new house. Nighttime is generally better than nap time, which I have almost given up on. Since he's no longer in a crib, he likes to get out of bed and play, bang his closet doors around, and even come on out of his room whenever he pleases. We've repeatedly put him back in bed and had many a days of crying and temper tantrums. We even tried putting the child proof thing-a-ma-jiggers on his door knob so he couldn't get out, but, since the door knobs are funky and chunky, he's still able to turn the knob. Like I said, naps are usually worse and he fights it until the very end. At night though, he takes a different approach to his attempted escape.

We routinely brush teeth, read some books to relax, hug, kiss, noggin (bonk foreheads), and then gently place his blankets on him ever so neatly. We walk out of the room and begin doing whatever we need to do while the kids are asleep. A few minutes later we hear the creak of his door and see little eyes peeking through the crack. And then we hear it. "Uh you!" ("Love you!")
Really? He's so working it. How could I get mad at that?!

3 comments:

Our Family said...

One of many moments to come.

A Rosie Family said...

You can't. You just can't:)

T&K SMITH said...

lol I love your stories that is so funny what a cute monster!