Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Here son, go play with this razor."

Last night was bath night and Lincoln was cruising around in his diaper while I was getting everything ready. Before I knew it he had walked into our shower as he often does. He usually just plays around with the shampoo and conditioner bottles so I didn't think much of it. I had finished up with everything and went to get him to put him in the bath. I noticed that I had left my razor on the small step at the entrance of the shower, but figured he hadn't touched it since it was in the same place I had accidentally left it. He had a small bar of soap held up to his lips as if he was smelling it. I noticed as he put it down there was a little bit of red on the soap and also on his upper lip. He's had a bit of a cold and I thought it was a bloody booger. After a few seconds had passed, I noticed that the red area was getting larger. My stomach turned and my heart sank as I realized that he had most likely cut his lip with my razor that I left out. I couldn't believe I had been so forgetful and it made me sick every time I wiped the blood off and it continued to flood back.
Luckily, he didn't seem too bothered by it and was a happy kid for bath time.
Maybe next time I'll just give him the key to the box where Derek keeps his gun. *Sigh*
I definitely won the "Bad Mom Award" yesterday!
I think it's safe to say that I won't forget to put my razor away anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been reading blogs lately like I used to... facebook has been ruling my computer time :)

Don't feel too bad though! I know a kid who found her mom's razor and tried to shave her legs like mommy did and she had cuts up and down both her legs. I'd say this is pretty minor in comparison! At least when he's a teenager, you can look back and laugh!